forks for integrated headset -- what's all about?

Old September 1st 05, 08:20 PM
geos

Default forks for integrated headset -- what's all about?

Hi,

I am looking for a road fork. Sometimes I can see in their descriptions
"use with integrated headsets". As far as I can notice the main
difference is their bigger crown and something like "shelf" (I don't
know to name it) on which lower bearing rests.

Does it mean that using "traditional" fork is not allowed if I have a
frame with integrated headset? What's the main difference between these
types of forks?

I would greatly appreciate your explanations.

thanks,
geos
Old September 1st 05, 10:33 PM

Forks for use with integrated headsets have a very pronounced
"shoulder" at the steerer tube. These forks can be used with any
headset; integrated headsets require the specific fork.
Stay Cool,
Tom