Couple of nice rides, with videos!

Old August 3rd 11, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

Default Couple of nice rides, with videos!

Scilly Isles ... very nice, very peaceful, very warm and sunny and
altogether a very pleasant place whether walking, riding or driving
(hired a 'golf cart' to see more!

Short video of our ferry, Scillonian III, being overtaken by a faster
boat ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bimIT3W7X7s

Unfortunately I didn't get the camera out fast enough to catch the two
Minke whales and pods of dolphins .. actually I was a bit awestruck and
didn't even try .. wonderful sights ..

Fairly long bike ride yesterday, all off-road apart from the first (and
last!) mile ..

Video of some standing stones, with, in the background towards the end,
the hilltop I was making for, and got to!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfkb1XqCmTk

Have some more of old Cornish tin mines and stuff like that if anyone's
interested. Good to see that most pathways, bridleways and green lanes
are well sign-posted and that people use them for their intended
purposes.

Not great quality on the videos, done with the Blackberry phone camera,
quite good as a phone, needs a little work as a camera!

Off golfing this afternoon, http://www.capecornwallgolfclub.co.uk/ Not
been in a while so dunno what the handicap will have dropped to.

--
Paul - xxx
Old August 3rd 11, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_34_]

Old August 3rd 11, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
[...]

Good stuff, Paul, although I believe the denizens of the Isles of Scilly get
a bit touchy about them being called Scilly Isles, for some reason ;-)

Enjoy your golf - heavy rain in Donny today.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old August 4th 11, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

On 03/08/2011 11:15, Paul - xxx wrote:
Scilly Isles ... very nice, very peaceful, very warm and sunny and
altogether a very pleasant place whether walking, riding or driving
(hired a 'golf cart' to see more!

Did you take your own bikes or hire them there? An old friend goes to
the Scillies regularly, he always takes the helicopter. I don't know
if there's a boat as well, or whether you can take bikes on the
flights.

Took mine 'cos it's decent and lightweight, hired for wife and friends
... Ferry were very good, didn't actually charge, I think because
we'd already booked tickets and hadn't thought of taking the bikes so
just turned up with mine 'on spec'. Dunno what I'd have done with it
if we couldn't have taken it ..

The hire of the golf cart was good though, it's a little hilly and
friends don't usually ride, so didn't particularly enjoy it so took the
bikes back after an hour, got the cart and i left my bike at the hire
place. Not locked up.. no-one seems to lock anything! Saw a postman
go to a house, key in door, he opens door, chucks mail in, closes and
locks door, leaves key in the keyhole! Numerous cars, boats etc all
with keys in ... all bikes just left propped up against walls etc, only
a couple saw locked all day. I guess you've nowhere to go on an island
where (it seems) everyone knows everyone.

We liked the idea of going from nowhere to somewhere and back again too

Wonderful place, a day doesn't do it justice, we intend to return in
future for longer.

--
Paul - xxx
Old August 4th 11, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

Simon Mason wrote:

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
[...]

Ah, didn't know that.

Enjoy your golf - heavy rain in Donny today.

Had a great afternoon, wife, friends wives and kids took an open-top
tour bus, we played golf, lot of wind, smattering of drizzle, outbreaks
of bright and hot sunshine, lovely ..

Off walking the coastal path round the Lizard area today ..

--
Paul - xxx
Old August 4th 11, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_4_]

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
Simon Mason wrote:

Off walking the coastal path round the Lizard area today ..

--
Paul - xxx

Don't forget to drop in on the Marconi museum on the clifftop while you're
there. It's the site of where Marconi conducted his first wireless trials.

Old August 4th 11, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message

Enjoy your golf - heavy rain in Donny today.

Had a great afternoon, wife, friends wives and kids took an open-top
tour bus, we played golf, lot of wind, smattering of drizzle, outbreaks
of bright and hot sunshine, lovely ..

Off walking the coastal path round the Lizard area today ..

You're better off down there.
Have a look at Goole yesterday.

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.c...ail/story.html

Old August 4th 11, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

Mr. Benn wrote:

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
Simon Mason wrote:

Off walking the coastal path round the Lizard area today ..

-- Paul - xxx

Don't forget to drop in on the Marconi museum on the clifftop while
you're there. It's the site of where Marconi conducted his first
wireless trials.

Didn't get chance. Found Kynance Bay (spelling?) and had a couple too
many hours there, ranging from thick fog!! to bright, dry scorchio
style sunshine, raining and misty within about four hours .. wonderful
place.

We did have a look, however, a few days ago at PorthCurno (spelling?)
where the first cross-atlantic wire was laid and around the museum and
remaining buildings there, a quite amazing place.

Just got back and think I've spotted a hairline fracture in the seat
stay to seat tube joint which will need re-brazing [1] before I use it
again .. probably a result of the blast back down the hills yesterday,
3 miles (ish) downhill, first on cut heather firetrail, then rutted
farm track, then broken tarmac farm track then normal tarmac farm
track, then road .. speeds touched 35 ish ..

[1] The joy, if you like, of a steel frame .. ease of
repair/re-assembly ..

--
Paul - xxx
Old August 4th 11, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

Simon Mason wrote:

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message

Enjoy your golf - heavy rain in Donny today.

Had a great afternoon, wife, friends wives and kids took an open-top
tour bus, we played golf, lot of wind, smattering of drizzle,
outbreaks of bright and hot sunshine, lovely ..

Off walking the coastal path round the Lizard area today ..

You're better off down there.
Have a look at Goole yesterday.

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.c...ail/story.html

It has to be said though, whatever the weather, almost anywhere is
better than being in Goole ..

--
Paul - xxx
Old August 4th 11, 10:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_7_]

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message ...

Mr. Benn wrote:

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
Simon Mason wrote:

Off walking the coastal path round the Lizard area today ..

-- Paul - xxx

Don't forget to drop in on the Marconi museum on the clifftop while
you're there. It's the site of where Marconi conducted his first
wireless trials.

Didn't get chance. Found Kynance Bay (spelling?) and had a couple too
many hours there, ranging from thick fog!! to bright, dry scorchio
style sunshine, raining and misty within about four hours .. wonderful
place.

I went there in June. Lovely place.

We did have a look, however, a few days ago at PorthCurno (spelling?)
where the first cross-atlantic wire was laid and around the museum and
remaining buildings there, a quite amazing place.

I went to the telegraph museum at Porthcurno as well Paul. Well worth a
visit for anyone.

Glad you're having a good time in Cornwall. Sorry to hear about the cracked
seat.

Couple of helmetcam videos LSMike UK 23 November 3rd 07 04:11 PM
a couple of rides in the Peak District Adam Lea UK 2 May 1st 07 08:32 PM
A couple of LA area rides GeeDubb Mountain Biking 2 November 29th 05 12:25 AM
Last couple of rides - photos MattB Mountain Biking 8 October 8th 05 08:50 AM
Found a couple bad bike crash videos. Ouch! Wasatch5k Techniques 0 June 27th 05 04:01 AM