Getting Thunderbird to work?

Old June 4th 15, 09:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Getting Thunderbird to work?

On Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 4:19:54 PM UTC-4, Duane wrote:
On 04/06/2015 1:21 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 12:36:02 PM UTC-4, Duane wrote:
On 04/06/2015 12:19 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Anyone here know what NTTP or other info I need to input into Thunderbird in order to use Thunderbird to read this newsgroup?

Thanks and cheers.

What do you use for a news server?

I'm using Eternal-September because my ISP doesn't offer one any longer.
It's free but you have to sign up with them.

So my server is news.eternal-september.org and the port is the default
NNTP (119)

Thanks Duane.

I thought I just needed to download Thunderbird. I'll download that other program too.

Cheers

Let me know if you have trouble figuring out how to add message filters.
lol

Will do. Message filters is THE reason I'm getting it.

Cheers
Old June 4th 15, 10:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2015-06-04 1:50 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

I never use any except one: When a thread goes off the deep end for my
taste I click Message - Ignore Thread. Works great.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old June 4th 15, 11:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 5:04:30 PM UTC-4, Joerg wrote:
On 2015-06-04 1:50 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

THE FEELING OF POWER MASTERY CONTROL OF UNWASHED MASSES INFERIOR BEINGS KILL KILL
Old June 4th 15, 11:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

As you know, I track human and animal behavior's relationship to seismic activity.

Weeks since Nepal's quakes fell into line with previous observations in an unusual synchrony of odd happenings eg a planetary lineup and Spring. A high tide in the local cosmos.

Several posters I stumble around, usually mumbly and vague occasionally extremely bad tempered, suddenly bloomed into civility, complex thoughts, insights and intelligence. At more or less the same time.

Old June 4th 15, 11:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 6/4/2015 9:35 AM, Duane wrote:
On 04/06/2015 12:19 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Anyone here know what NTTP or other info I need to input into
Thunderbird in order to use Thunderbird to read this newsgroup?

Thanks and cheers.

What do you use for a news server?

I'm using Eternal-September because my ISP doesn't offer one any longer.
It's free but you have to sign up with them.

So my server is news.eternal-september.org and the port is the default
NNTP (119)

Here are my settings for Eternal September and Thunderbird:
http://oi57.tinypic.com/33w1h6x.jpg

Old June 5th 15, 02:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
john B.

On Thu, 4 Jun 2015 10:21:13 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

On Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 12:36:02 PM UTC-4, Duane wrote:
On 04/06/2015 12:19 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Anyone here know what NTTP or other info I need to input into Thunderbird in order to use Thunderbird to read this newsgroup?

Thanks and cheers.

What do you use for a news server?

I'm using Eternal-September because my ISP doesn't offer one any longer.
It's free but you have to sign up with them.

So my server is news.eternal-september.org and the port is the default
NNTP (119)

Thanks Duane.

I thought I just needed to download Thunderbird. I'll download that other program too.

Cheers

If you already have Thunderbird you don't have to do anything on your
end. Just create a new Thunderbird account ( File, New). But you must
have a source for the messages that you will download so you must have
a news server account to furnish them. The simplest is to go to
Eternal-September of perhaps Albasani and register - it is free - than
you have a server address and a user name and password to configure
Thunderbird's new account.

But honestly it is much better to use a news group specific
application like Agent (there are others), or at least it seems
simpler to me :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Old June 5th 15, 02:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

[...]

eeeez a lotta bird here...

why are yawl using this here Thunderbird and not straight Google?
Old June 5th 15, 03:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 9:43:58 PM UTC-4, wrote:

why are yawl using this here Thunderbird and not straight Google?

I use both, because of certain limitations related to different computers
and different locations.

Thunderbird's user interface is light years better.

- Frank Krygowski
Old June 5th 15, 04:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

wrote:

[...]

Because you can't killfile Trolls via Google Groups.

Cheers
Old June 5th 15, 05:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 12:36:02 PM UTC-4, Duane wrote:
On 04/06/2015 12:19 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Anyone here know what NTTP or other info I need to input into Thunderbird in order to use Thunderbird to read this newsgroup?

Thanks and cheers.

What do you use for a news server?

I'm using Eternal-September because my ISP doesn't offer one any longer.
It's free but you have to sign up with them.

So my server is news.eternal-september.org and the port is the default
NNTP (119)

hi
duane.

I just got Eternal September.

Now how do I tellit that I want to subscribe to this newsgroup? Do I just type in rec.bicycles.tech?

Thanks atgain.

Cheers

our work bike to work pic. max General 3 May 19th 08 11:31 AM
Short video - Thunderbird Park trials... andrew_carter Unicycling 19 February 20th 06 11:41 AM
Trials video - Thunderbird Park trials comp... andrew_carter Unicycling 5 August 21st 05 12:22 AM
RR work and fun small change Mountain Biking 11 February 16th 05 01:12 PM
[OT] Moving to Thunderbird Not Responding UK 24 December 20th 04 09:12 PM