who else sells cheap ti frames?

Old August 12th 05, 11:26 PM
Zoom

Default who else sells cheap ti frames?

wrote:
http://www.xacd.com.cn/

I've bought three Ti frames from this place over the years. Still no
problems.

Zoom

http://www.xacd.com.cn/picture.htm

Soma Ti-journey

ahso! i went to gunnar via united bicycle instittue links and found
$895 frames so when i see -$1000 frames the frame builder is really the
importer????

See in tech archives-

Anyone know where I can get Custom 20" forks built (titanium ...

Old August 13th 05, 12:16 AM

bfd wrote:
I've seen $1000 Ti frames in the Colorado Cyclist and Excel Sports
catalogs. Never seen one of these in person, though.

Doesn't TST make Colorado Cyclist ti frames; Litespeed builds Excel
Sports' "Macalu" frameset? Both are made in the USA, but neither is
near the $1K price range you're quoting.

I'm not aware that Litespeed is selling $2K complete bikes. What kind
of equipment?

I've heard Litespeed makes the CC Douglas 6/4 Ti frame. $1999 with
Ouzo Pro fork. TST or Litespeed probably make the cheaper Douglas
3/2.5 frames. $1299 with Ouzo Pro fork. They all have the Litespeed
geometry and sizing so Litespeed might do all of them. Figure $300 for
Reynolds Ouzo Pro all carbon fork and the frame works out to about
$1000. And you then get a discount (roughly 10%) on a complete build
kit from CC. Maybe not a steal, but you're not being gouged either.

http://www.coloradocyclist.com/commo...16,35626,34321

Litespeed Solano with full Ultegra 10 speed. $2199. They also have
the Litespeed Calssic with Ultegra 9 or 10 for around $2000 every now
and then. CC sells the complete Ultegra 10 build kit for $1179
separate. About 10% off that price if the kit is bought with a
frame/fork. So figure the Litespeed frame/fork is about $1150.

After my separate frame, fork, components bike build up last year, its
almost always cheaper to get a complete bike.

Old August 13th 05, 12:27 AM
Ron Ruff

Zoom wrote:
http://www.xacd.com.cn/

I've bought three Ti frames from this place over the years. Still no
problems.

There was a big discussion of this on Cycling Plus forums awhile
back... Cheap titanium from China. Unfortunately I can't seem to find
it now; maybe it is gone.

As I recall the experience with xacd frames was generally ok, but you
have to be very careful about specifying the dimensions in detail if
you go custom. Plus, the warranty is essentially zero; if a frame
breaks, they just claim you abused it.

Old August 13th 05, 01:12 AM
Zoom

Ron Ruff wrote:
Zoom wrote:

http://www.xacd.com.cn/

I've bought three Ti frames from this place over the years. Still no
problems.

There was a big discussion of this on Cycling Plus forums awhile
back... Cheap titanium from China. Unfortunately I can't seem to find
it now; maybe it is gone.

As I recall the experience with xacd frames was generally ok, but you
have to be very careful about specifying the dimensions in detail if
you go custom. Plus, the warranty is essentially zero; if a frame
breaks, they just claim you abused it.

My Ti mountain bike from this place has lasted several years and still
going strong. It get's ridden about 50 to 60 km a week in the bush in my
area.

Zoom
Old August 13th 05, 01:58 AM
Chalo

IMKen wrote:
Buy American if possible. don't support the armament of China.

So from where should I buy if I'm more worried about the armament of
the USA?

Chalo Colina

Old August 13th 05, 02:08 AM
Bill Sornson

Zoom wrote:

My Ti mountain bike from this place has lasted several years and still
going strong. It get's ridden about 50 to 60 km a week in the bush in
my area.

Sounds a bit painful.

Bill "slow evening" S.

Old August 13th 05, 05:02 AM
Ryan Cousineau

In article om,
"Chalo" wrote:

IMKen wrote:
Buy American if possible. don't support the armament of China.

So from where should I buy if I'm more worried about the armament of
the USA?

Chalo Colina

Canada. We're feckless!

Old August 13th 05, 06:57 AM
Michael Press

In article
,
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

In article om,
"Chalo" wrote:

IMKen wrote:
Buy American if possible. don't support the armament of China.

So from where should I buy if I'm more worried about the armament of
the USA?

Chalo Colina

Canada. We're feckless!

I bought a Marinoni frame (steel) a couple years ago. It
was a good choice and a good price. Of course the Ti
frames are $2000 CA.

--
Michael Press
Old August 13th 05, 08:51 AM
A Muzi

dennis wrote:
is it only habanero selling cheap ti frames now? airborne is no longer
cheap.

Habaneros are inexpensive. Airbornes are 'cheap'

Habanero dealer
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Old August 13th 05, 09:57 AM
Kovie

"IMKen" wrote in message
news
Buy American if possible. don't support the armament of China.

ken

Yeah, too bad Wal-Mart doesn't carry Ti frames.

Kovie
zen