Lafferty and Magilla - strangely quiet this AM

Old August 27th 12, 06:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

Default Lafferty and Magilla - strangely quiet this AM

On 27/08/2012 16:47, Fred Flintstein wrote:
On 8/27/2012 10:42 AM, Fred Flintstein wrote:
On 8/27/2012 5:14 AM, Davey Crockett wrote:
Fred Flintstein a écrit profondement:

| On 8/26/2012 8:48 PM, Mineral Water wrote:
| On Friday, August 24, 2012 10:45:08 AM UTC-4, Anton Berlin wrote:
| Still hungover from last nights celebration ?
|
| Nope. Just enjoying how little influence Gunderson and his chief
minion, Tim Herman, have with the media and USADA. It's over
regardless what the UCI does or doesn't do. The bully is dead. Next
step is the recovery of money from Gunderson by SCA.

| Has the ASO confirmed that LANCE is no longer a 7 time
| winner of their race?

| Just curious about that.

ASO run under (mostly) UCI rules, so let's wait and see what happens

http://www.letour.fr/HISTO/us/TDF/1996/index.html

In contrast: http://www.letour.fr/HISTO/us/TDF/2006/index.html

Poor Phloyd, still he might have the last laugh when it turns out he's equalled
the Uniballers record of TdF wins ...all these numbers, reduced to zero..

Old August 27th 12, 07:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 8/27/2012 12:11 PM, atriage wrote:
On 27/08/2012 16:47, Fred Flintstein wrote:
On 8/27/2012 10:42 AM, Fred Flintstein wrote:
On 8/27/2012 5:14 AM, Davey Crockett wrote:
Fred Flintstein a écrit profondement:

| On 8/26/2012 8:48 PM, Mineral Water wrote:
| On Friday, August 24, 2012 10:45:08 AM UTC-4, Anton Berlin wrote:
| Still hungover from last nights celebration ?
|
| Nope. Just enjoying how little influence Gunderson and his chief
minion, Tim Herman, have with the media and USADA. It's over
regardless what the UCI does or doesn't do. The bully is dead. Next
step is the recovery of money from Gunderson by SCA.

| Has the ASO confirmed that LANCE is no longer a 7 time
| winner of their race?

| Just curious about that.

ASO run under (mostly) UCI rules, so let's wait and see what happens

http://www.letour.fr/HISTO/us/TDF/1996/index.html

In contrast: http://www.letour.fr/HISTO/us/TDF/2006/index.html

Poor Phloyd, still he might have the last laugh when it turns out he's
equalled the Uniballers record of TdF wins ...all these numbers, reduced
to zero..

But if it happens it won't be Travis Tygart that makes the decision.
Christian Prudhomme looks to be keeping a low profile. But I wonder
what he thinks of the idea that some guy in the US gets to decide who
won his race.

Old August 27th 12, 08:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 27/08/2012 19:36, Fred Flintstein wrote:
On 8/27/2012 12:11 PM, atriage wrote:
On 27/08/2012 16:47, Fred Flintstein wrote:
On 8/27/2012 10:42 AM, Fred Flintstein wrote:
On 8/27/2012 5:14 AM, Davey Crockett wrote:
Fred Flintstein a écrit profondement:

| On 8/26/2012 8:48 PM, Mineral Water wrote:
| On Friday, August 24, 2012 10:45:08 AM UTC-4, Anton Berlin wrote:
| Still hungover from last nights celebration ?
|
| Nope. Just enjoying how little influence Gunderson and his chief
minion, Tim Herman, have with the media and USADA. It's over
regardless what the UCI does or doesn't do. The bully is dead. Next
step is the recovery of money from Gunderson by SCA.

| Has the ASO confirmed that LANCE is no longer a 7 time
| winner of their race?

| Just curious about that.

ASO run under (mostly) UCI rules, so let's wait and see what happens

http://www.letour.fr/HISTO/us/TDF/1996/index.html

In contrast: http://www.letour.fr/HISTO/us/TDF/2006/index.html

Poor Phloyd, still he might have the last laugh when it turns out he's
equalled the Uniballers record of TdF wins ...all these numbers, reduced
to zero..

But if it happens it won't be Travis Tygart that makes the decision.
Christian Prudhomme looks to be keeping a low profile. But I wonder
what he thinks of the idea that some guy in the US gets to decide who
won his race.

Yeah I wonder too. He comes across as a pretty neat guy who's genuinely
passionate about cycle racing and cycling history and is very happy that cycling
is becoming big in the English speaking world. (It brings in the bucks of
course, several English cities are rumoured to be offering serious money to host
TdF stages in the coming years). Of course he's in a position to know a lot of
the stuff that doesn't get out for public consumption. Maybe he'll write a
'Kiss'n'Tell' book outlining his *real* opinions of some of the main players in
the cycling world, that'd be interesting.

Old August 27th 12, 09:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mower Man

On 27/08/2012 8:49 PM, atriage wrote:
On 27/08/2012 19:36, Fred Flintstein wrote:
On 8/27/2012 12:11 PM, atriage wrote:
On 27/08/2012 16:47, Fred Flintstein wrote:
On 8/27/2012 10:42 AM, Fred Flintstein wrote:
On 8/27/2012 5:14 AM, Davey Crockett wrote:
Fred Flintstein a écrit profondement:

| On 8/26/2012 8:48 PM, Mineral Water wrote:
| On Friday, August 24, 2012 10:45:08 AM UTC-4, Anton Berlin wrote:
| Still hungover from last nights celebration ?
|
| Nope. Just enjoying how little influence Gunderson and his chief
minion, Tim Herman, have with the media and USADA. It's over
regardless what the UCI does or doesn't do. The bully is dead. Next
step is the recovery of money from Gunderson by SCA.

| Has the ASO confirmed that LANCE is no longer a 7 time
| winner of their race?

| Just curious about that.

ASO run under (mostly) UCI rules, so let's wait and see what happens

http://www.letour.fr/HISTO/us/TDF/1996/index.html

In contrast: http://www.letour.fr/HISTO/us/TDF/2006/index.html

Poor Phloyd, still he might have the last laugh when it turns out he's
equalled the Uniballers record of TdF wins ...all these numbers, reduced
to zero..

But if it happens it won't be Travis Tygart that makes the decision.
Christian Prudhomme looks to be keeping a low profile. But I wonder
what he thinks of the idea that some guy in the US gets to decide who
won his race.

Yeah I wonder too. He comes across as a pretty neat guy who's genuinely
passionate about cycle racing and cycling history and is very happy that
cycling is becoming big in the English speaking world. (It brings in the
bucks of course, several English cities are rumoured to be offering
serious money to host TdF stages in the coming years). Of course he's in
a position to know a lot of the stuff that doesn't get out for public
consumption. Maybe he'll write a 'Kiss'n'Tell' book outlining his *real*
opinions of some of the main players in the cycling world, that'd be
interesting.

The increase in enthusiasm for cycling here is obvious - I live in
Surrey, UK - we had both men's and women's Olympic road races, both
Olympic time trials and, of course the tests last year. Next, the Tour
of Britain stage 8. We'll be there and expect the roads to be wall to
wall with spectators, many of whom will have cycled to get there. Good
times...

I think Prudhomme will be displeased by the USADA decision. La France is
not a nation that likes being told what to do.

--
Chris

'Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it
every six months.'

(Oscar Wilde.)
Old August 27th 12, 09:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 27/08/2012 21:03, Mower Man wrote:
On 27/08/2012 8:49 PM, atriage wrote:
On 27/08/2012 19:36, Fred Flintstein wrote:
On 8/27/2012 12:11 PM, atriage wrote:
On 27/08/2012 16:47, Fred Flintstein wrote:
On 8/27/2012 10:42 AM, Fred Flintstein wrote:
On 8/27/2012 5:14 AM, Davey Crockett wrote:
Fred Flintstein a écrit profondement:

| On 8/26/2012 8:48 PM, Mineral Water wrote:
| On Friday, August 24, 2012 10:45:08 AM UTC-4, Anton Berlin wrote:
| Still hungover from last nights celebration ?
|
| Nope. Just enjoying how little influence Gunderson and his chief
minion, Tim Herman, have with the media and USADA. It's over
regardless what the UCI does or doesn't do. The bully is dead. Next
step is the recovery of money from Gunderson by SCA.

| Has the ASO confirmed that LANCE is no longer a 7 time
| winner of their race?

| Just curious about that.

ASO run under (mostly) UCI rules, so let's wait and see what happens

http://www.letour.fr/HISTO/us/TDF/1996/index.html

In contrast: http://www.letour.fr/HISTO/us/TDF/2006/index.html

Poor Phloyd, still he might have the last laugh when it turns out he's
equalled the Uniballers record of TdF wins ...all these numbers, reduced
to zero..

But if it happens it won't be Travis Tygart that makes the decision.
Christian Prudhomme looks to be keeping a low profile. But I wonder
what he thinks of the idea that some guy in the US gets to decide who
won his race.

Yeah I wonder too. He comes across as a pretty neat guy who's genuinely
passionate about cycle racing and cycling history and is very happy that
cycling is becoming big in the English speaking world. (It brings in the
bucks of course, several English cities are rumoured to be offering
serious money to host TdF stages in the coming years). Of course he's in
a position to know a lot of the stuff that doesn't get out for public
consumption. Maybe he'll write a 'Kiss'n'Tell' book outlining his *real*
opinions of some of the main players in the cycling world, that'd be
interesting.

The increase in enthusiasm for cycling here is obvious - I live in Surrey, UK -
we had both men's and women's Olympic road races, both Olympic time trials and,
of course the tests last year. Next, the Tour of Britain stage 8. We'll be there
and expect the roads to be wall to wall with spectators, many of whom will have
cycled to get there. Good times...

I think Prudhomme will be displeased by the USADA decision. La France is not a
nation that likes being told what to do.

Yeah, the problem for Prudhomme (in those terms) is that he's gonna be told what
to do by either Tygart or McQuaid (with a conflicting instruction set probably)
which is not ideal from a French point of view. Whether he'll find a 'third way'
(whatever that might be) remains to be seen. Ultimately money talks so as a
pragmatist Prudhomme might be tempted to take the path of least 'dollar damage'
for ASO. He really does want a clean sport but it's a long road from where we
are now to there and he may have decided it's just not achievable. (either in
the short term or ever). Living with creeps like Phatty McQuaid and his scummy
predecessor might just be the political reality he has to go along with.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/...branch-surgery

Old August 27th 12, 11:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fredmaster of Brainerd

On Monday, August 27, 2012 8:47:58 AM UTC-7, Fred Flintstein wrote:
On 8/27/2012 10:42 AM, Fred Flintstein wrote:

http://www.letour.fr/HISTO/us/TDF/1996/index.html

In contrast: http://www.letour.fr/HISTO/us/TDF/2006/index.html

What is truly beautiful about that link is that
it points out that Floyd is déclassé, which I think
we can all agree with.

Fredmaster Ben
Old August 28th 12, 10:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Fred Flintstein wrote:
Has the ASO confirmed that LANCE is no longer a 7 time
winner of their race?

Just curious about that.

No,
http://www.letour.fr/HISTO/us/TDF/index.html

Old August 28th 12, 10:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Phil H wrote:
Errr, in a billion years from now there will be no water on planet earth. In 5 billion, the sun will have expanded to engulf the whole solar system. Better move fast.

Stop disillusioning those poor republicans in tampon who believe the
earth is 6000 years old.

Old August 28th 12, 10:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

atriage wrote:
But if it happens it won't be Travis Tygart that makes the decision.
Christian Prudhomme looks to be keeping a low profile. But I wonder
what he thinks of the idea that some guy in the US gets to decide who
won his race.

Yeah I wonder too. He comes across as a pretty neat guy who's genuinely
passionate about cycle racing and cycling history and is very happy that
cycling is becoming big in the English speaking world. (It brings in the
bucks of course, several English cities are rumoured to be offering
serious money to host TdF stages in the coming years).

And provides much more professional tv coverage than most. Compare the
festival of phonyiness aka olympic road race to the tdf.
Old August 28th 12, 10:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
What is truly beautiful about that link is that
it points out that Floyd is déclassé, which I think
we can all agree with.v

Presumably déclassé is French for redneck.

Lafferty, Kunich, Magilla - where the f*ck are you ? Anton Berlin Racing 5 July 7th 12 07:27 PM
Strangely Squashme UK 17 December 6th 11 12:35 PM
How to handle cyber bullying by Lafferty, Magilla and other RBR regulars Fred Bucephalus Birchmore Racing 2 June 25th 11 06:31 PM
Lafferty, Magilla and Anton are now going to defend Lance and hisclean riding. Anton Berlin Racing 0 May 21st 11 03:15 AM
I was going to credit magilla but lafferty used it first ---- years ago Anton Berlin Racing 5 September 16th 10 10:25 AM