Contador goes down in history after today's stage... Impressive, !!!!

Old September 5th 12, 04:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
leeanderson

Default Contador goes down in history after today's stage... Impressive, !!!!

Today we saw one of the greatest cycling heroic deeds ever...

That's how the great champions win, !!

Don't miss the details, !!

Old September 5th 12, 05:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 05/09/2012 16:33, leeanderson wrote:
Today we saw one of the greatest cycling heroic deeds ever...

That's how the great champions win, !!

Don't miss the details, !!

He's the best Grand Tour rider of the modern era. Case closed.

Old September 5th 12, 07:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 9/5/2012 11:24 AM, atriage wrote:
On 05/09/2012 16:33, leeanderson wrote:
Today we saw one of the greatest cycling heroic deeds ever...

That's how the great champions win, !!

Don't miss the details, !!

He's the best Grand Tour rider of the modern era. Case closed.

He didn't win last year's Tour. But he won his 5 previous Grand
Tour entries if you include the dope steak clouded win.

Today had everything. Efficient use of his superior team support.
A lesson for Movistar on the importance of having friends in the
lead group rather than enemies. A tactically perfect race, capped
with a terrific ride to seize the race lead.

Great stuff.

Old September 5th 12, 08:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 05/09/2012 19:58, Fred Flintstein wrote:
On 9/5/2012 11:24 AM, atriage wrote:
On 05/09/2012 16:33, leeanderson wrote:
Today we saw one of the greatest cycling heroic deeds ever...

That's how the great champions win, !!

Don't miss the details, !!

He's the best Grand Tour rider of the modern era. Case closed.

He didn't win last year's Tour. But he won his 5 previous Grand
Tour entries if you include the dope steak clouded win.

Today had everything. Efficient use of his superior team support.
A lesson for Movistar on the importance of having friends in the
lead group rather than enemies. A tactically perfect race, capped
with a terrific ride to seize the race lead.

Great stuff.

Yeah whatever else you can say about Bjarne (and there is plenty) he's a great
tactician. This year's Vuelta really is turning out to be a classic, could there
be even more twists and turns to come? Two flat stages coming up but then the
dreaded Bola del Mundo, it's not over till the fat lady gets off her bike at the
top of that mofo.

Old September 5th 12, 09:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 9/5/2012 2:10 PM, atriage wrote:
[...]

Contador's primary advantage is superior team strength. He'll be
in a position to dictate how the final climb progresses. Rodriguez
has done well sprinting at mountaintop finishes but he's probably
targeting Valverde at this point.

Old September 5th 12, 09:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mower Man

On 05/09/2012 9:13 PM, Fred Flintstein wrote:
[...]

Agreed. Purito has been amazing, but in the end Saxobank Tinkoff have
blown him away. I think it's a sad reflection of the state of the
"sport", even though as a Brit (not normally nationalistic in any way) I
loved Sky Procycling's dominance of the TdF...

--
Chris

'Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it
every six months.'

(Oscar Wilde.)
Old September 6th 12, 12:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 05/09/2012 21:13, Fred Flintstein wrote:
[...]

Yeah Valverde still looks super strong, if today's stage had been a couple of
kliks longer he would probably have caught and passed Contador. It'll be
interesting to see is whether Valverde and Movistar will 'wait' if Contador has
a mechanical of some kind in the remaining stages.

Old September 6th 12, 12:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 05/09/2012 21:33, Mower Man wrote:
[...]

Sky's dominance was impressive but I have to admit that the way they ground the
peloton down didn't always make for interesting racing (from a non-Brit POV
anyway ). The thing about Saxo is they have got the yellow maillot by a
mixture of racing skill as well as strength and it's been absolutely riveting to
watch. Contador's repeated attacks have been superb but Purito deserves the
highest credit of all the riders I think as a lot of the time he's been on his own.

Old September 6th 12, 08:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

in 662274 20120905 163310 "leeanderson" wrote:
Today we saw one of the greatest cycling heroic deeds ever...

That's how the great champions win, !!

Don't miss the details, !!

Greatest ride since Floyd Landis in the 2008 TdF !
Old September 6th 12, 09:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 06/09/2012 08:17, Bob Martin wrote:
in 662274 20120905 163310 wrote:
Today we saw one of the greatest cycling heroic deeds ever...

That's how the great champions win, !!

Don't miss the details, !!

Greatest ride since Floyd Landis in the 2008 TdF !

Fairness for Bertie.

TdF Stage 3 - Risk to Contador? Brad Anders Racing 8 July 2nd 10 02:52 AM
today's stage Andre[_2_] Racing 3 May 17th 10 03:56 AM
today's stage Andre Racing 4 September 13th 09 11:48 AM
Johan/Armstrong/Contador setting stage for epic 1st stage Mike Jacoubowsky Racing 19 July 5th 09 08:33 PM
German expert on Contador, "the greatest swindle in sporting history" JC Racing 0 July 31st 07 12:46 AM