Rear Derailleur - Pulley cage replacement (compatability)

Old August 27th 17, 07:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
ixiz

Default Rear Derailleur - Pulley cage replacement (compatability)

I have a Di2 Ultegra 6870 rear derailleur that got bent at the pulleys -

I want to know if i can replace it with either a 6800 or 6700 derailleur cage from another non Di2 derailleur.

TIA
Old August 27th 17, 09:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 8/27/2017 1:50 PM, ixiz wrote:
I have a Di2 Ultegra 6870 rear derailleur that got bent at the pulleys -

I want to know if i can replace it with either a 6800 or 6700 derailleur cage from another non Di2 derailleur.

sorta kinda maybe.
The inner cage plate Y5YC98070 is the same part on both
RD6870 and RD6800. RD6700 is completely different.

However the lower pivot bolt/spring/sleeves assembly is very
different so re use that with a new RD6800/RD6870 cage plate.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old August 28th 17, 01:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
ixiz

On Sunday, August 27, 2017 at 4:37:53 PM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
On 8/27/2017 1:50 PM, ixiz wrote:
I have a Di2 Ultegra 6870 rear derailleur that got bent at the pulleys -

I want to know if i can replace it with either a 6800 or 6700 derailleur cage from another non Di2 derailleur.

sorta kinda maybe.
The inner cage plate Y5YC98070 is the same part on both
RD6870 and RD6800. RD6700 is completely different.

However the lower pivot bolt/spring/sleeves assembly is very
different so re use that with a new RD6800/RD6870 cage plate.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Thank you
So ill just get 2 new plates (inner and outer (the one thats not connected to the derailleur?)) That is all i need ?

I may go to a mid cage and use those 17T pulleys

Old Shimano LX rear derailleur pulley somebody[_2_] Techniques 7 June 29th 13 01:43 PM
Anyone know difference between 9 and 10 speed Campy rear derailleur pulley numbers? ddog Techniques 5 February 18th 07 02:29 PM
FS: Shimano XT 8 speed rear derailleur. Long Cage Russ Baxter Marketplace 1 January 9th 05 04:03 PM
FS: XTR 953 rapid rise rear derailleur, medium cage B Marketplace 0 December 9th 04 05:17 PM
Rear Derailleur Pulley Wheel Compatibility colin Techniques 3 February 6th 04 07:44 AM