this weather blows!

Old April 28th 05, 04:35 PM
Michael

Beverly wrote:
I was in Geogia last week and it was raining and cold. I returned to Ohio
to find more rain, cold and even a light dusting of snow. It's been raining
every day this week and it doesn't look much better for the rest of the
week. I finally get the bike ready and the weather won't cooperate.

I hear you. The day after I'd installed a new chain, I went on a spin/errand
run to a mall. Very windy; I was all over the path. Chilly too, but dry (for a
change). I was inside WallyWorld only 15 minutes. When I came out everything
was absolutely sopping wet. Water standing on the pavement, wide puddles
everywhere. I had no choice but to submit 4-day old Kool Stops and 1-day old
chain to a 3-mile water/grit bath. (mutter-mutter) Where's that global warming
when we need it?
Old April 28th 05, 05:36 PM
dgk

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:35:59 GMT, Michael wrote:

Beverly wrote:
I was in Geogia last week and it was raining and cold. I returned to Ohio
to find more rain, cold and even a light dusting of snow. It's been raining
every day this week and it doesn't look much better for the rest of the
week. I finally get the bike ready and the weather won't cooperate.

I hear you. The day after I'd installed a new chain, I went on a spin/errand
run to a mall. Very windy; I was all over the path. Chilly too, but dry (for a
change). I was inside WallyWorld only 15 minutes. When I came out everything
was absolutely sopping wet. Water standing on the pavement, wide puddles
everywhere. I had no choice but to submit 4-day old Kool Stops and 1-day old
chain to a 3-mile water/grit bath. (mutter-mutter) Where's that global warming
when we need it?

I realize that you aren't being serious, but my understanding is that
global warming simply means that on average the temperature is rising.
More heat = more energy, more energy = more active weather. Including
five minute downpours. Serious topic so I just wanted to throw that in
although I'm sure most folks here already know it.

I had to buy one of those tools to clean out the gears. Just too much
muck ends up everywhere when riding in the rain. I finally got a front
fender so it doesn't end up on me as well.
Old April 28th 05, 07:13 PM
Tom Keats

In article ,
"Matt O'Toole" writes:

I thought that was Australia. They have a 7-day weather cycle. If it rains the
first weekend of the summer, it will rain every weekend thereafter. Ask an
Aussie if you don't believe me.

I believe you. But you've just provided me with an
excuse to drop in at the ANZA club and maybe down a
few Steinlagers. But then I might forget what I was
going to ask.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old April 28th 05, 08:10 PM
Zoot Katz

Thu, 28 Apr 2005 04:22:23 GMT, 3yZbe.1146867$6l.824340@pd7tw2no,
World Famous Euro-Pro, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" wrote:

"Mike Latondresse" wrote in message ...
What in the hell are you doing in Tuscany!! You should be in Germany
pre-riding the "Rund em den Henniger Tuem" on Sunday or in France
training for the "Four Days of Dunkirk which starts on Monday.

My race calendar says otherwise for this weekend:

http://www.grandeciclismo.net/calendar.htm

I was cheering for you at the Vuelta a Castilla y Leon and now you're
telling us you didn't even show up!

Some hero you're turning out to be.
--
zk