Video: Salvation

Old February 21st 07, 02:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phthoruth

Default Video: Salvation

Salvation is a trail on Mt Seymour, Vancouver. Here’s the vid:
http://tinyurl.com/2opsyo

Riding: Jamey Mossengren, Jonathan Neil, Frank Barchard, Anne-Sofie
Rodet, Martin Eskes, Tynan Rollo, James Hargrave & Byron Enns

Trails: Bridle Path on Saturday. Salvation on Sunday.
Photos: Jamey, James, Byron & Frank
Music: “True Grit” – by Crystal Method

Youtube (low quality) version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZO3i3draek

--
phthoruth
phthoruth's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11491

Old February 21st 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

Awesome. Loved the music! Boy those trails/constructions looked
slippery!

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"pretty much every trail that we've done on the California or Moab Muni
weekends is an XC trail." -- Kris Holm, on XC from a North Shore point
of view

Old February 21st 07, 09:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phthoruth

The music is even better on the unicyclists version (stereo) with
headphones. It bounces back and forth from left to right ear.
I was going to use a ballad, to emphasis the beauty of the trail and
commoradory of the people. But this song better matched my fast camera
pans and editting style.

We're blessed/cursed with some of the most technical muni trails
anywhere.
They're always wet/slippery. I'm glad that came across in the video.
I joked that we should grease the logs

Old February 22nd 07, 12:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gordythegon

good to see jamie riding. i miss u man

--
gordythegon

but you can do anything.....you can make fire with two isicles in
alaska-jonny peacock

http://compulsioncycles.com/jon/main.php check it out
gordythegon's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10642

Old February 22nd 07, 03:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

I can't see it in the gallery can you post it on youtube or google?

--
skilewis74

Old February 22nd 07, 02:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mango

man that is some great riding on some great looking trails! You guys are
fearless. That does look very slippery.

keep it up

--
mango

*Neener, neener, neener. *-harper
mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892

Old February 22nd 07, 08:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phthoruth

Salvation.wmv is 24 MB... about typical for my 4 minute videos. If I
compress more, Movie Maker drops it to 320x240. It can be slow, if not
impossible, to download when the internet is busy (evenings).
There are ways to get a direct link... this is it for Salvation
http://tinyurl.com/2p7crv
Then in media player, use File-Save As. In media player 11, right
click on the title bar to get the menu.

Youtube (low quality) version should work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZO3i3draek
Hey, its got 5 stars! Cool.

As an experiment, I've done a high definition version, using Vista
Ultimate's version of Windows Movie Maker.
Its 231 MB(!) so I dont think I can/should post it.

I'm just using a compact Canon SD700 IS, which is 640x480. So the
highdef mainly benefits the photos & text. But the video part also has
fewer artifacts.

Canon just announced a pretty sweet high def digital video camera
http://tinyurl.com/24x3o7

Your feedback is welcome/encouraged. I'd like to discuss and learn how
to make better videos. What did you like the most/least? What would
you like to see more of? Did you like this video (Salvation) or
Deepcove more? Why?

Old February 22nd 07, 11:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

Different computer, now I can see it in both

phthoruth wrote:
The music is even better on the unicyclists version (stereo) with
headphones. It bounces back and forth from left to right ear.

ditto on the sound

--
skilewis74

Old February 23rd 07, 12:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
JamesH

johnfoss wrote:
Boy those trails/constructions looked slippery!

They looked a lot more slippery in person, I think Frank put the video
through some kind of filter to make them look less slick.

johnfoss wrote:
"pretty much every trail that we've done on the California or Moab Muni
weekends is an XC trail." -- Kris Holm, on XC from a North Shore point
of view

So true! ... if anyone is coming through Vancouver, or looking to do
a trip somewhere to ride be sure to drop us a line. Things are always
steeper, more slippery and fun to ride in person ..

--
JamesH
JamesH's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4438

Old February 23rd 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

phthoruth wrote:
Canon just announced a pretty sweet high def digital video camera
http://tinyurl.com/24x3o7

That looks very interesting, but sounds a little too good to be true.
HD video on an SD memory card? The only way for that to work is if you
compress the crap out of it. So in a sense it's not true HD, even at
720p. I'd wait for DP Review or Steves Digicams to review it before
purchasing....

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"pretty much every trail that we've done on the California or Moab Muni
weekends is an XC trail." -- Kris Holm, on XC from a North Shore point
of view

French Cup: pics, video and best videos at the video contest anso Unicycling 16 November 8th 06 11:26 PM
BUC Video swarbrim Unicycling 6 May 16th 06 02:02 PM
A Uk Video thinuniking Unicycling 36 July 5th 04 01:25 PM
video producer seeking bicycle stunt riders for how-to video production David Welch General 0 February 5th 04 11:30 PM
Video producer seeking bicycle mechanic for how-to video production David Welch General 0 February 5th 04 11:30 PM