A FIRST! : A mountain biker who can learn from his mistakes

Old September 25th 13, 03:50 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Blackblade[_2_]

Default A FIRST! : A mountain biker who can learn from his mistakes

Thanks for demonstrating your utter ignorance of basic biology. There are thousands of miles of trails built for mountain biking, mostly illegal, and each one destroys a 2-mile swath of habitat, since the habitat is unusable when too many humans (in the case of mountain bikers, I use the term "humans" loosely) using it.

Where on earth do you come up with a figure of 'thousands of miles of trails built for mountain biking" ? Justification for it ... or just your ludicrous conjecture ?

A 30km trail, even if there were a mountainbike only trail, occupies about 0.024 square kilometres area (assuming a 0.8m wide trail). So, no, each trail does not destroy a 2 mile swathe of habitat ... not even close. I thought you knew maths ? :-)

So, given that most trails are already there anyway your figure is ludicrous.

BS. Can you say "charge dismissed"?

No, you can't because it wasn't. This is precisely what I mean about NECESSARY steps to dealing with your situation. You were prosecuted, you were found guilty in a court by a jury. Once your conviction, and the punishment, were spent you were able to apply for a petition to expunge your conviction. That does not, by any stretch of the imagination, mean 'charge dismissed'. And, by the way, you've not provided one shred of evidence that the petition was applied for nor granted anyway. But, your continual denial of basic facts just makes you look like an idiot. Man up and face what happened. And learn from it. Or don't ... and continue to be an amusement for a bunch of people who don't take you seriously.

You need to start telling the truth. Until then, everything you say is worthless, which is exactly why mountain bikers get no respect -- which is exactly as it should be.

You should, most definitely, tell the truth ... and until you do so, no, you won't get any respect nor will anyone take you seriously. So, again, were you or were you not convicted in a court of law ??

The final disposition, the only one that counts, is "charge dismissed". Just as you can get a Ph.D. even if you got a "B" on a test once in the past. Sorry to disappoint you. But I know that's not going to stop you from lying about it, since you are addicted to lying.

If you got a "B" once then you got that B ... you don't get to rewrite history. I am pointing out that you WERE convicted and sentenced. You cannot just pretend that didn't happen whatever the subsequent ruling on spent convictions. Once again, can you answer the question, were you or were you not convicted in a court of law ?
Old September 25th 13, 03:50 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Wednesday, September 25, 2013 10:28:44 AM UTC-4, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Tuesday, September 24, 2013 10:05:36 AM UTC-7, wrote:

On Tuesday, September 24, 2013 11:54:42 AM UTC-4, Mike Vandeman wrote: Very funny. You think just making an assertion makes it true. I gave a paper at the Society for Conservation Biology conference in July, 2012. I would have given more, but I don't care to travel too far, e.g. to New Zealand.. No doubt your morning talk on empathy was standing room only. Out of curiosity, how would I go about objectively quantifying "empathy" if I wanted to use your paper as motivation for my own scientific study?

You don't have any, which is why you promote an extremely dangerous sport like mountain biking.

You don't know me. Your ridiculous assertion is a lie, much like your myopic observations about mountain biking.

You have no concern for the participants, nor for their animal, plant, or human victims.

In the present context, I have concern for the science, which you obviously don't. That should have been obvious to you.

Your inability to answer a very basic question is duly noted. This proves you have no relevant scientific credentials. No surprise to anyone, really.

Old September 25th 13, 08:23 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike

Hahahaha. A call for papers is not directed at individuals. It is an open announcement. Fool.

The fact you have conference papers doesn't make you a scientist of the natural world. For one you don't have any post grad qualifications in conservation biology secondly you don't have a record of providing numerous peer reviewed publications which contain actual data.

Old September 25th 13, 10:47 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Wednesday, September 25, 2013 7:50:30 AM UTC-7, Blackblade wrote:
Thanks for demonstrating your utter ignorance of basic biology. There are thousands of miles of trails built for mountain biking, mostly illegal, and each one destroys a 2-mile swath of habitat, since the habitat is unusable when too many humans (in the case of mountain bikers, I use the term "humans" loosely) using it. Where on earth do you come up with a figure of 'thousands of miles of trails built for mountain biking" ? Justification for it ... or just your ludicrous conjecture ?

IMBA admitted to creating 450 miles of trail just this year. That doesn't include all the miles created by others, legally or ILLEGALLY.

A 30km trail, even if there were a mountainbike only trail, occupies about 0.024 square kilometres area (assuming a 0.8m wide trail). So, no, each trail does not destroy a 2 mile swathe of habitat ... not even close.

Thanks for demonstrating your UTTER lack of knowledge of biology. Animals can see, hear, & smell humans from at least a mile away, & will avoid using habiatt within 1 mile of a trail, thus effectively losing habitat.

[...]

Legally, NO, since the final disposition is "DISMISSED". That's why I don't have to worry about entering any other country (except that some, like yours, are utterly BORING).
Old September 26th 13, 12:15 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Blackblade[_2_]

Thanks for demonstrating your utter ignorance of basic biology. There are thousands of miles of trails built for mountain biking, mostly illegal, and each one destroys a 2-mile swath of habitat, since the habitat is unusable when too many humans (in the case of mountain bikers, I use the term "humans" loosely) using it. Where on earth do you come up with a figure of 'thousands of miles of trails built for mountain biking" ? Justification for it ... or just your ludicrous conjecture ?

IMBA admitted to creating 450 miles of trail just this year. That doesn't include all the miles created by others, legally or ILLEGALLY.

That equates to an area of 0.225 square miles taken up. As I said, a tiny pinprick against all the other uses of land.

A 30km trail, even if there were a mountainbike only trail, occupies about 0.024 square kilometres area (assuming a 0.8m wide trail). So, no, each trail does not destroy a 2 mile swathe of habitat ... not even close.

Thanks for demonstrating your UTTER lack of knowledge of biology. Animals can see, hear, & smell humans from at least a mile away, & will avoid using habiatt within 1 mile of a trail, thus effectively losing habitat.

But that is exactly the same for hikers too ... and you're happy to permit that so it's irrelevant.

[...]

I rest my case.

I did not ask you on the basis of some arcane legal nitpicking. I asked you if it happened. And we both know that it did but you continue to lie about it.

You were arrested, there was a court case and the jury pronounced you guilty. That is a matter of fact and your attempts to evade your responsibility show that you've not learned from your mistakes.

You may (or may not ... no evidence produced so far despite being asked many times) have petitioned for a Petition for Dismissal but it does not rewrite history.

Pathetic.
Old September 26th 13, 03:23 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Thursday, September 26, 2013 4:15:41 AM UTC-7, Blackblade wrote:
Thanks for demonstrating your utter ignorance of basic biology. There are thousands of miles of trails built for mountain biking, mostly illegal, and each one destroys a 2-mile swath of habitat, since the habitat is unusable when too many humans (in the case of mountain bikers, I use the term "humans" loosely) using it. Where on earth do you come up with a figure of 'thousands of miles of trails built for mountain biking" ? Justification for it ... or just your ludicrous conjecture ? IMBA admitted to creating 450 miles of trail just this year. That doesn't include all the miles created by others, legally or ILLEGALLY. That equates to an area of 0.225 square miles taken up.

450 miles X 2 miles = 900 square miles. DUH!

As I said, a tiny pinprick against all the other uses of land. A 30km trail, even if there were a mountainbike only trail, occupies about 0.024 square kilometres area (assuming a 0.8m wide trail). So, no, each trail does not destroy a 2 mile swathe of habitat ... not even close. Thanks for demonstrating your UTTER lack of knowledge of biology. Animals can see, hear, & smell humans from at least a mile away, & will avoid using habiatt within 1 mile of a trail, thus effectively losing habitat. But that is exactly the same for hikers too ... and you're happy to permit that so it's irrelevant. I thought you knew maths ? :-) So, given that most trails are already there anyway your figure is ludicrous. BS. Can you say "charge dismissed"? No, you can't because it wasn't.

Liar.

This is precisely what I mean about NECESSARY steps to dealing with your situation. You were prosecuted, you were found guilty in a court by a jury. Once your conviction, and the punishment, were spent you were able to apply for a petition to expunge your conviction. That does not, by any stretch of the imagination, mean 'charge dismissed'. And, by the way, you've not provided one shred of evidence that the petition was applied for nor granted anyway. But, your continual denial of basic facts just makes you look like an idiot. Man up and face what happened. And learn from it. Or don't ... and continue to be an amusement for a bunch of people who don't take you seriously. You need to start telling the truth. Until then, everything you say is worthless, which is exactly why mountain bikers get no respect -- which is exactly as it should be. You should, most definitely, tell the truth ... and until you do so, no, you won't get any respect nor will anyone take you seriously. So, again, were you or were you not convicted in a court of law ?? The final disposition, the only one that counts, is "charge dismissed". Just as you can get a Ph.D. even if you got a "B" on a test once in the past. Sorry to disappoint you. But I know that's not going to stop you from lying about it, since you are addicted to lying. If you got a "B" once then you got that B ... you don't get to rewrite history. I am pointing out that you WERE convicted and sentenced. You cannot just pretend that didn't happen whatever the subsequent ruling on spent convictions. Once again, can you answer the question, were you or were you not convicted in a court of law ? Legally, NO, since the final disposition is "DISMISSED". That's why I don't have to worry about entering any other country (except that some, like yours, are utterly BORING). I rest my case. I did not ask you on the basis of some arcane legal nitpicking. I asked you if it happened. And we both know that it did but you continue to lie about it. You were arrested, there was a court case and the jury pronounced you guilty. That is a matter of fact and your attempts to evade your responsibility show that you've not learned from your mistakes. You may (or may not ... no evidence produced so far despite being asked many times) have petitioned for a Petition for Dismissal but it does not rewrite history. Pathetic.

Legally, it does. Of course a mountain biker would call a law "nitpicking". They don't believe in obeying laws! They think that, unlike everyone else, THEY don't have to obey the law.
Old September 26th 13, 04:44 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Thursday, September 26, 2013 10:23:31 AM UTC-4, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Thursday, September 26, 2013 4:15:41 AM UTC-7, Blackblade wrote:

Thanks for demonstrating your utter ignorance of basic biology. There are thousands of miles of trails built for mountain biking, mostly illegal, and each one destroys a 2-mile swath of habitat, since the habitat is unusable when too many humans (in the case of mountain bikers, I use the term "humans" loosely) using it. Where on earth do you come up with a figure of 'thousands of miles of trails built for mountain biking" ? Justification for it ... or just your ludicrous conjecture ? IMBA admitted to creating 450 miles of trail just this year. That doesn't include all the miles created by others, legally or ILLEGALLY. That equates to an area of 0.225 square miles taken up.

450 miles X 2 miles = 900 square miles. DUH!

Interesting response. Could you give us the location of these 450 miles of trail constructed in perfectly straight lines that never come within two miles of each other?
Old September 27th 13, 09:44 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Blackblade[_2_]

That equates to an area of 0.225 square miles taken up.

450 miles X 2 miles = 900 square miles. DUH!

You can do basic multiplication ... hurrah for you. Unfortunately, a trail is approximately 0.8 metres, not two miles, wide ! To assert that an entire area covering a mile either side is nonsensical, as you well know.

I rest my case. I did not ask you on the basis of some arcane legal nitpicking. I asked you if it happened. And we both know that it did but you continue to lie about it. You were arrested, there was a court case and the jury pronounced you guilty. That is a matter of fact and your attempts to evade your responsibility show that you've not learned from your mistakes. You may (or may not ... no evidence produced so far despite being asked many times) have petitioned for a Petition for Dismissal but it does not rewrite history. Pathetic.

Legally, it does. Of course a mountain biker would call a law "nitpicking". They don't believe in obeying laws! They think that, unlike everyone else, THEY don't have to obey the law.

It's at times like these that I remember why I come here; you are just too funny sometimes.

You, a convicted criminal, are accusing me, who has never been in the slightest trouble with the law, of failing to obey the law.

You, the man who wrote "courts prove nothing" and who illegally set himself up as a self-appointed arbiter of who could, or could not, ride on someone else's land are accusing others of thinking they don't have to obey the law.

What planet are you living on ?

And, last but not least, I would point out that the law relies on proven facts. You haven't provided a single shred of evidence that you have submitted, and been granted, a Petition for Dismissal anyway ... so, absent that "nitpicking" your basic premise is unproven anyway.
Old September 28th 13, 06:01 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Thursday, September 26, 2013 8:44:03 AM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

You WOULD miss the point entirely. Deliberately. Idiot.
Old September 28th 13, 06:04 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Friday, September 27, 2013 1:44:05 AM UTC-7, Blackblade wrote:
That equates to an area of 0.225 square miles taken up.

450 miles X 2 miles = 900 square miles. DUH!

You can do basic multiplication ... hurrah for you. Unfortunately, a trail is approximately 0.8 metres, not two miles, wide ! To assert that an entire area covering a mile either side is nonsensical, as you well know.

It's obviously the height of dishonesty to remove the context of my answer.

I rest my case. I did not ask you on the basis of some arcane legal nitpicking. I asked you if it happened.

Yes, the dismissal happened. Too bad you don't like it.

And we both know that it did but you continue to lie about it. You were arrested, there was a court case and the jury pronounced you guilty. That is a matter of fact and your attempts to evade your responsibility show that you've not learned from your mistakes. You may (or may not ... no evidence produced so far despite being asked many times) have petitioned for a Petition for Dismissal but it does not rewrite history. Pathetic.

Legally, it does. Of course a mountain biker would call a law "nitpicking". They don't believe in obeying laws! They think that, unlike everyone else, THEY don't have to obey the law.

It's at times like these that I remember why I come here; you are just too funny sometimes.

You, a convicted criminal,

LIAR. You don't have any evidence of that, especially since it isn't true. Idiot.