Those darn cars!

Old August 13th 03, 01:43 AM
Patrick Lamb

Default Those darn cars!

Darn slow cars made me miss the light on the way home today. Slowed
me down. If there weren't so many of them on the road, it wouldn't be
so bad. But they just clog up the streets. Why can't those people
keep their dang cars in their garages and driveways, where they
belong? I pay my taxes -- why do I have to subsidize those darn cars?

Beat the next light, even with all those cars in front of me!

Pat

Old August 13th 03, 02:42 AM
Robin Hubert

"Patrick Lamb" wrote in message
news
Darn slow cars made me miss the light on the way home today. Slowed
me down. If there weren't so many of them on the road, it wouldn't be
so bad. But they just clog up the streets. Why can't those people
keep their dang cars in their garages and driveways, where they
belong? I pay my taxes -- why do I have to subsidize those darn cars?

Beat the next light, even with all those cars in front of me!

Just run the lights.

--
Robin Hubert

Old August 13th 03, 04:16 AM
Zoot Katz

Tue, 12 Aug 2003 21:49:39 -0400,
,
"S. Anderson" wrote:

My personal favourite is the movie Office Space..when the old man in the
walker is beating the cars in the traffic jam..heehee..

For over half an hour today, the CBC1 traffic reports kept mentioning
a traffic tie-up at the south end of a major bridge.

Seems there were five ducks in the roadway and wouldn't move because
they didn't want to leave the one that was dead. So traffic got
seriously enough delayed to make the rush hour reports for 40 minutes.

I wonder what would have happened if they'd been on little bikes.
Would they have been arrested?
--
zk
Old August 13th 03, 08:13 PM
Oldroadie

You may be correct. According to an article in "Cycling Utah" "Who Owns
the Roads Anyway?" it is cyclists who are subsidizing motorists, not the
other way around.

http://www.cyclingutah.com/august/August2003Issue.pdf

(see page 4)

Next time a car is in your way scream, "You're not paying for these
roads, I am," or "Get back in your driveway where you belong!"

Old August 14th 03, 02:38 AM
Tud

Zoot Katz wrote...
"S. Anderson" wrote:

My personal favourite is the movie Office Space..when the old man in the
walker is beating the cars in the traffic jam..heehee..

For over half an hour today, the CBC1 traffic reports kept mentioning
a traffic tie-up at the south end of a major bridge.

Seems there were five ducks in the roadway and wouldn't move because
they didn't want to leave the one that was dead. So traffic got
seriously enough delayed to make the rush hour reports for 40 minutes.

I wonder what would have happened if they'd been on little bikes.
Would they have been arrested?

I would hope so, if for no other reason than bad fashion. I figure since
you are having so much fun trolling over in RMH that I thought I'd drop by
here and see what you sissy panted little girls are up to. Ooooo, and
traffic report, fun stuff, I'll have to look around a little more and see if
I can find anything interesting.

--
zk

Tud

Old August 15th 03, 02:23 AM
Rick Onanian

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 12:21:37 GMT, Zippy the Pinhead
wrote:
Remember -- if the lights are set up for 35 mph, they're also set up
for 70!

That reminds me. I suspect that the lights around here
are timed to bring the state additional traffic fine
revenue. I find that most lights on major roads work
best if you go 15 or 20 mph more than the speed limit.
On a 35mph road, you will catch every light at 50 mph.

Is this true anywhere other than where I live, in
Rhode Island?

--
Rick Onanian