Video: MUNI v1 - Northstar and Geared Muni

Old December 17th 08, 09:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
agentQ

Default Video: MUNI v1 - Northstar and Geared Muni

Geared ridding looks fun.

You should be making a higher resolution compression, with compressor.
Youtube has HD capability now, and your video would look great there if
you changed your size settings to 1280x720. You have an HD camera, you
should take advantage of the video sharing options out there.

As for saying you will continue to post videos here and not in the
video forum, I can almost take that as a stab at those of us who use the
video forum. Its there for a reason. It makes new videos easier to find,
your video will stick aournd page one much longer, and will make future
searches run smoother. I am not sure how you get the impression that a
video forum is somehow bellow you.

Glad to see there is another canon user with the same sort of
workstation that I have.

Looking forward to some "HD" from you.

-Sam

--
agentQ

---
'Uneed Films' (http://www.uneedfilms.com)
Old December 17th 08, 09:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
IsaacSteiner

That was really awesome!

I loved the geared uni part, you were motoring. Also, the place where
you were flying with the geared uni, those trails looked outstanding.

Now, I want to build a Muni with a geared hub, except, I would build it
on a 19"

It would be easier for me to handle, and still really fast, and oh,
just awesome!

Thanks for the inspiration, but unfortunatly geared hubs are $1,000

Great video though!

-Isaac

--
IsaacSteiner

*my sponsors:*

*
'Bedford Unicycles' (www.bedfordunicycles.ca)

'Unicycle.tv' (www.unicycle.tv)*
Old December 17th 08, 09:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jeremy R

I couldn't get a screen capture of it, but maybe it was just the FB
version. Btw, i'll be in california on christmas day untill the 2cnd. We
should try to ride!

--
Jeremy R

'661' (http://www.sixsixone.com/)
'MountainUni' (http://www.mountainuni.com/splash.asp)
spam ban kaboom - Gilby
Old December 17th 08, 09:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

Corbin - When I clicked your link and just got a blank page. The same
thing happened when I went through your website. Facebook won't let me
log on for some reason

The youtube version has pretty decent quality, provided you click the
"High Resolution" button (it is pretty bad if you don't). Even higher
res. would be nice though.

Nice vid .
I would have had to walk every inch of that stuff in the Northstar
footage if I went

IsaacSteiner;1152060 wrote:
Now, I want to build a Muni with a geared hub, except, I would build it
on a 19"

It would be easier for me to handle, and still really fast, and oh,
just awesome!

I bet a 24" Muni would be fine. It'd just probably take a few weeks to
really get used to it

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'
(http://unicycletips.com/)*'Trials class system'
(http://tinyurl.com/yqpvxk)*'Trials Building'
Old December 17th 08, 09:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Michaelgoround

Nice video Corbin, though the quality on youtube sucked.

--
Michaelgoround
Old December 17th 08, 10:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uniaddict

corbin;1151848 wrote:
Were going to ride again this weekend if you want to come out and ride
muni with us in santa cruz.
corbin

Sweet! Sounds like fun. You can pm me with the details.

--
uniaddict

Any bay area riders up for a ride PM me!
'SixSixOne' (http://sixsixone.com/)
*85 foot coast!*
Old December 17th 08, 11:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
corbin

agentQ;1152059 wrote:
[...]

Cool -- I'll try 1280x720 next time; I did use an Canon HD camera (it
is 1080i). If you have any other suggestions on how to get better
Quality, or what settings to use for Compressor (or FCP), let me know!
If you are using Mac OS, then you are using software that I've written.

I didn't mean to make a stab at the video forum -- I think it is a good
idea, I just think it makes "yet another forum" to keep an eye on. My
main point is that it isn't a syndicated newsgroup (which I don't think
a lot of people understand, which is perfectly okay, considering 99% of
the traffic to this group is via this forum website).

corbin

--
corbin

http://www.corbinstreehouse.com
Old December 18th 08, 12:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

corbin;1152155 wrote:

I didn't mean to make a stab at the video forum -- I think it is a good
idea, I just think it makes "yet another forum" to keep an eye on. My
main point is that it isn't a syndicated newsgroup (which I don't think
a lot of people understand, which is perfectly okay, considering 99% of
the traffic to this group is via this forum website).

corbin

I think the main point is that there *is* a video forum, and it isn't
exactly new; it's been firmly in place for quite some time now, and like
the other person mentioned in an earlier post, I too am very surprised
that you were not even aware of it!

The vast majority of videos are posted there. So it just helps if we
all post in the same forum rather than splintering off into two forums.
If not, then there's no real cohesiveness and it's kinda like every
man/woman for themselves...ANARCHY!

If you really want to change it back to the way it was, maybe we could
make a poll and let the majority decide whether to let the video forum
remain, or dump it and go back to posting ALL (uni) videos in RSU.

--
MuniAddict

::'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com)

'' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/member.php?u=12920)::
Old December 18th 08, 12:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Eh, who cares. Jess and Corbin are the first videos if seen in RSU in a
while. Its not doing any harm.

--
Jerrick

'*500$ /$549.99*'
(http://tinyurl.com/6ywusa) *Press Alt+F4 to fix post
stretch.*[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC]JC~
Old December 18th 08, 12:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Jerrick;1152221 wrote:
Eh, who cares. Jess and Corbin are the first videos if seen in RSU in a
while. Its not doing any harm.

Things would just go smoother if everyone's on the same page, so to
speak-I don't mean that all the forums should be consolidated into ONE
page, lol. Wait, maybe we should just do that too haha! One page fits
all! Anyway I think you know what I mean.

But hey, whatever, I guess I might as well just start posting my vids
here too; just like I used to back in the day, lol! Afterall, there's
way more viewers in RSU.

KH Geared MUni Unicorn Unicycling 7 October 11th 07 08:08 PM
Does anyone know how to get this link to KH Moab geared muni video Daytripper63 Unicycling 1 October 14th 06 01:05 AM
kh/schlumph geared muni unicycle dave Unicycling 12 May 14th 06 10:02 PM
The KH prototype geared MUni. (from moab) Fuego Unicycling 55 March 30th 06 08:48 AM
Awesome Day of Muni at Northstar(with pics). Catboy Unicycling 12 September 27th 05 01:08 AM