A question for Muzi

Old July 21st 14, 11:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default A question for Muzi

On 7/21/2014 4:43 PM, Andre Jute wrote:
On Monday, July 21, 2014 1:36:59 PM UTC+1, AMuzi wrote:
On 7/20/2014 5:44 PM, Andre Jute wrote:

On Sunday, July 20, 2014 7:14:02 PM UTC+1, AMuzi wrote:

On 7/20/2014 4:57 AM, John B. Slocomb wrote:

I've got a stationary bicycle exercise machine that uses the "small

size" pedal thread, 1/2" - 20. The original pedals were of, well, not

the best quality and I replaced them with pedals of a better quality.

Now I want to change to pedals with SPD clips as I would like to use

hard sole bicycle shoes.

I tried toe clips and straps and it wasn't really satisfactory and my

bike shoes are all SPD.

The question is, are SPD type pedals with 1/2" - 20 threads available?

There are no 1/2" SPD pedals, a recurrent topic here since

the 1990s!

--

Andrew Muzi

www.yellowjersey.org/

Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Is there actually a commercial-sized need/demand for 1/2" SPD pedals, as distinct from a few old fogies who think it would be nice to have them but won't pay for custom machining?

Andre Jute

Redline Flight changed the 20" MX/Freestyle world from OPC

to modern CrMo cranks with 9/16" so the volume went below

breakeven for pedal makers.

http://bmxmuseum.com/forsale/401_1_blowup.jpg

All the OPC exercisers in the world is still a small number.

--

Andrew Muzi

www.yellowjersey.org/

Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Thanks. Interesting history lesson. I once looked for a pair of those Redline cranks but this side of the water they're like antiques, and priced accordingly.

That successful crank design was the turning point.
Current models are Flight 2.5, Device, Flight Tubular,
Flight AL, etc.

Old July 22nd 14, 03:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

photog could try a white garbage bag not AL foam insulation board

http://goo.gl/wPkNAI
Old July 22nd 14, 03:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

http://goo.gl/wPkNAI

http://www.lfgss.com/thread13710.html

pip pip