Bush Supporters and Cyclists

Old October 31st 04, 09:00 PM
B. Lafferty

Default Bush Supporters and Cyclists

My cycling buddy and I did a ride today during which were we harassed (if
that's the word) by four pickup trucks with Bush/Cheney stickers on the rear
windows or bumper. In each case we were not in any way impeding their way
on the road. Two of them told us to **** ourselves (learning from Cheney
perhaps) and all four gave us the finger.

We concluded that these yahoos assumed that if you're on a bicycle, you must
be for Kerry. In our case this is true. However, if Kerry wins, it will be
interesting to see how the bozos act.

As a non-cycling aside, in Suffield, CT they have caught a Bush supporter
ripping up Kerry lawn signs an burning them. They did it to a friend of ours
and he got the guy on the second time on video.

--
How strange when an illusion dies, it's as though you've lost a child.--Judy
Garland

Old October 31st 04, 09:32 PM
Danny Callen

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
hlink.net...
[...]

Ok, I admit it, it was ME! I was just jealous that you guys were out
training and I had to go to soccer games all weekend! AARGHHH!!! ok, just
kiddiung, but there are idiots on both sides..makes no difference..

Danny Callen

Old October 31st 04, 09:56 PM
Sierraman

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
hlink.net...
My cycling buddy and I did a ride today during which were we harassed (if
that's the word) by four pickup trucks with Bush/Cheney stickers on the

rear
windows or bumper. In each case we were not in any way impeding their way
on the road. Two of them told us to **** ourselves (learning from Cheney
perhaps) and all four gave us the finger.

Did you finger him back? I used to do that a lot when I wanted to clean
their clocks. IIRC, Last time I fingered a guy for cutting me off nearly
causing a wreck, he pulled over and got out of his car and waited for me.
Being a little rusty and didn't want to explain it in court so I just, LOL,
and moved on.

Passions run deep this election. There are 12 million people that are either
out of work, looking for work or have given up looking for work. I read an
article where an IT worker, a female, did over 1200 interviews and then she
just gave up looking for work. That's impressive to do that much footwork
and still fail. Not that the failing was impressive, that is.

Old October 31st 04, 10:05 PM
Tim Lines

Danny Callen wrote:
"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
hlink.net...

[...]

No, not on my side. I'm calm and rational about all this. It's those
people who disagree with me that keep getting so emotional they can't
see reality. Just a bunch of ****ING, HATE FILLED MORONS, it's that
simple! For the good of the country, we ought to KILL THEM, KILL THEM
ALL, I TELL YOU. But the ACLU wont let us.

There's got to be some way to get those angry, hate-mongering cretins
who disagree with me to calm down and be reasonable, like me. Drugs maybe?

--

--------------------

Remove CLOTHES to reply
Old October 31st 04, 10:07 PM
B. Lafferty

"Sierraman" wrote in message

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
hlink.net...
My cycling buddy and I did a ride today during which were we harassed (if
that's the word) by four pickup trucks with Bush/Cheney stickers on the

rear
windows or bumper. In each case we were not in any way impeding their
way
on the road. Two of them told us to **** ourselves (learning from Cheney
perhaps) and all four gave us the finger.

Did you finger him back? I used to do that a lot when I wanted to clean
their clocks. IIRC, Last time I fingered a guy for cutting me off nearly
causing a wreck, he pulled over and got out of his car and waited for me.
Being a little rusty and didn't want to explain it in court so I just,
LOL,
and moved on.

My standard response to to simply wave at the person and smile. It tends to
**** them off and I can't be accused of inciting them.

Passions run deep this election. There are 12 million people that are
either
out of work, looking for work or have given up looking for work. I read an
article where an IT worker, a female, did over 1200 interviews and then
she
just gave up looking for work. That's impressive to do that much footwork
and still fail. Not that the failing was impressive, that is.

Passions are running deep for sure. It may be time to bite the bullet and
buy that short barrel, 12 gauge pump action.....

Old October 31st 04, 10:13 PM
B. Lafferty

"Tim Lines" wrote in message
newskdhd.349154$D%.182428@attbi_s51...
Danny Callen wrote:

No, not on my side. I'm calm and rational about all this. It's those
people who disagree with me that keep getting so emotional they can't see
reality. Just a bunch of ****ING, HATE FILLED MORONS, it's that simple!
For the good of the country, we ought to KILL THEM, KILL THEM ALL, I TELL
YOU. But the ACLU wont let us.

The ACLU will not involve itself unless there is a First Amendment free
expression issue. Just commit the acts quietly without any symbolic speech
and you should have no problem.

Old October 31st 04, 10:23 PM
Steven Bornfeld

B. Lafferty wrote:
My cycling buddy and I did a ride today during which were we harassed (if
that's the word) by four pickup trucks with Bush/Cheney stickers on the rear
windows or bumper. In each case we were not in any way impeding their way
on the road. Two of them told us to **** ourselves (learning from Cheney
perhaps) and all four gave us the finger.

We concluded that these yahoos assumed that if you're on a bicycle, you must
be for Kerry. In our case this is true. However, if Kerry wins, it will be
interesting to see how the bozos act.

As a non-cycling aside, in Suffield, CT they have caught a Bush supporter
ripping up Kerry lawn signs an burning them. They did it to a friend of ours
and he got the guy on the second time on video.

Oh, my! In Connecticut? What would they do to a Kerry sign in Texas?

Steve

Old October 31st 04, 10:30 PM
Tim Mullin

"B. Lafferty" wrote in
hlink.net:

pickup trucks with Bush/Cheney stickers

Not that it has anything to do with your original post (but this is rbr, so
that really doesn't matter), but have you ever noticed that flag on the
Bush/Cheney stickers, signs, literature and all? It's only half the flag (the
top), and thirty stars. Clearly, some people are being left out. Wanna guess
who?

Espirit de corps chris harrison UK 130 December 12th 03 09:47 PM
Clear Channel Radio DJs threatening cyclists, again! Corvus Corvax Social Issues 30 October 3rd 03 01:12 PM