Weightlifting Circle??

Old September 24th 07, 09:36 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights,rec.running,nyc.general,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.bicycles
Prisoner at War

Default Weightlifting Circle??

On Sep 24, 3:09 pm, "Doug Freese" wrote:

A nice run through the woods either alone or with a bunch of friends
is soo tediuos. Give me the smell and sounds of an indoor gym with lots
of grunts. Given the choice I'll take my skinny muscleless physique
outside in the fresh air.

I wish we had a Muscle Beach here in NYC...I've always thought that
weightlifting would be so much more fun in the open air...I ain't no
sun-worshipper at all, but underneath a shady tree would be great....

Most bikers dispise riding alone. Without a train they ahve to do all
the hard work themselves.

Actually, I suspect that most cyclists despise riding with the wrong
crowd even more than riding solo. I've recommended clubs to various
people who just won't join them. They want to ride with a group, yet
shy away from formal organized rides. I myself know that you get some
real helmet nazi types in these clubs -- and it's mostly older people,
very few single young women, much less hot sexy ones!

Very true.

Actually, I think it's more a matter of equipment availability --
namely, everyone would have to join the same club to lift together,
and that could be impractical in a big city like New York.

Try both sides of fence and double the odds.

Unfortunately, there ain't a weightlifting club anywhere!

Doug, having run since it's cross-posted and who knows, to
cross-dressers.

?

Old September 26th 07, 11:03 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights,rec.running,nyc.general,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.bicycles
Dane Buson

Prisoner at War wrote:
On Sep 24, 3:09 pm, "Doug Freese" wrote:

Most bikers dispise riding alone. Without a train they ahve to do all
the hard work themselves.

Actually, I suspect that most cyclists despise riding with the wrong
crowd even more than riding solo. I've recommended clubs to various
people who just won't join them. They want to ride with a group, yet
shy away from formal organized rides. I myself know that you get some
real helmet nazi types in these clubs -- and it's mostly older people,
very few single young women, much less hot sexy ones!

You're riding with the wrong clubs then. I'll have to post the URL when
the ladies of my bike club start selling their calendar again.

Actually, let me just post last years URL:

http://www.point83.com/calendar/

--
Dane Buson -
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around

Old September 27th 07, 08:36 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights,rec.running,nyc.general,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.bicycles
Prisoner at War

Hmm, not bad; not bad!

Not as hot as biker chicks, but definitely on the better-looking side
of most literature courses!

So when do y'all meet, where do y'all ride in this town....

Old September 27th 07, 10:21 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights,rec.running,nyc.general,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.bicycles
Dane Buson

Prisoner at War wrote:
On Sep 26, 6:03 pm, Dane Buson wrote:

You're riding with the wrong clubs then. I'll have to post the URL when
the ladies of my bike club start selling their calendar again.

Actually, let me just post last years URL:

http://www.point83.com/calendar/

Hmm, not bad; not bad!

Not as hot as biker chicks, but definitely on the better-looking side
of most literature courses!

So when do y'all meet, where do y'all ride in this town....

We're based in Seattle, two regular rides every week.

Every Tuesday at Red Square on UW campus at 7pm
Every Thursday at Westlake Center at 7pm

Come dark of night, rain, sleet, or windstorm.

There are a variety of smaller rides at random. More in the summer
months of course.

--
Dane Buson -
The difference between science and the fuzzy subjects is that science
Old September 28th 07, 07:29 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights,rec.running,nyc.general,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.bicycles
Prisoner at War

Rats, I thought you were in NYC...how's the job market in Seattle...I
know women are women, but I do suspect that NYC women are the craziest
bunch around....