FA: Triathlon Tops

Old February 26th 04, 01:10 AM
roofi

Default FA: Triathlon Tops

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=36630095 47

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=36630104 21

Old February 26th 04, 07:58 AM
Andrew Swan

roofi wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=36630095 47

No, you wrong! Triathlon not tops - triathlon sucks!

&roo

Old February 26th 04, 11:10 AM
gravelmuncher

I disagree entirely with these two posts. #1 - I don't care much fo
these painfull ebay links on what is generally an informative forum, an
#2 - Andrew, Triathlon most definately does NOT suck. Triathlon can b
an extremely rewarding experience...not too far removed from a
energetic, passionate one night stand. If you lay the right groundwor
prior to the event, the outcome can be tremendous

(Toungue planted firmly in cheek

~j

-

Old February 26th 04, 10:52 PM
Ritch

Andrew Swan wrote in message ...
roofi wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=36630095 47

No, you wrong! Triathlon not tops - triathlon sucks!

&roo

Triathlon sucks? I thought it was draft-free! Group riding sucks...

Ritch
Old February 26th 04, 11:03 PM
hippy

"Ritch" wrote in message
om...
Triathlon sucks? I thought it was draft-free! Group riding sucks...

Well, tri's are draft free unless you are racing Elite,
then drafting is allowed. Why? I have no idea. It
seems to undermine the ITT (Individual Time Trial)
nature of the racing. Makes for more interesting bike
legs though, that's for sure!

hippy

Old February 27th 04, 07:47 AM
Andrew Swan

hippy wrote:
Well, tri's are draft free unless you are racing Elite,
then drafting is allowed. Why? I have no idea. It
seems to undermine the ITT (Individual Time Trial)
nature of the racing. Makes for more interesting bike
legs though, that's for sure!

My guess would be that organisers of lower-level tris disallow drafting
primarily because of the risk of collisions, given that:
(1) triathletes have worse bike handling skills than dedicated cyclists
(although paradoxically, introducing drafting to tris would help fix this)
(2) unlike roadies (except in designated ITTs), triathletes are allowed
to use aero bars, and drafting someone while you're on aero bars would
be much more dangerous than while you're on the hoods/drops (steering is
harder and braking is impossible)
(3) triathletes tend to stare at themselves in shop windows as they ride
past
(4) if a triathlete was to pull out an energy gel while in a bunch, they
might take their eyes off the wheel in front and stare dangerously at
the gel packet, just because it says "concentrate".

&roo

Old February 27th 04, 07:50 AM
Andrew Swan

I disagree entirely with these two posts. #1 - I don't care much for
these painfull ebay links on what is generally an informative forum, and
#2 - Andrew, Triathlon most definately does NOT suck. Triathlon can be
an extremely rewarding experience...not too far removed from an
energetic, passionate one night stand. If you lay the right groundwork
prior to the event, the outcome can be tremendous.

(Toungue planted firmly in cheek)

~j~

Actually GM, I'm just jealous of tri'letes because:
(a) I can't swim to save my life
(b) Although I've run a marathon, my knees are now shot and I can't run
anymore
(c) Tri clubs seem to be pretty much gender-balanced!

&roo

Old February 27th 04, 08:42 AM
hippy

(3) triathletes tend to stare at themselves in shop windows as they ride
past
(4) if a triathlete was to pull out an energy gel while in a bunch, they
might take their eyes off the wheel in front and stare dangerously at
the gel packet, just because it says "concentrate".

Nice one! Did you ever think of working as a comedian? :-)

hippy