Petition to Convince Ed Dolan to Stay (or Go)

Old September 9th 05, 07:58 PM
skip

Default Petition to Convince Ed Dolan to Stay (or Go)

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

"skip" wrote in message

"Sunset Fanatic" wrote in message
ups.com...

$kip wrote:
"Mark Leuck" wrote in message

"Sunset Fanatic" wrote in message
oups.com...

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Looks like you've moved

Mark, what I've been hearing is that Tom inherited a great deal of
money
and real estate from a very distant, very rich conservative relative,
took
some time off, traveled around the country in his new motor home, then
built
a big house in Fox River Valley, married a fine looking trophy wife,
and
enrolled in the Rush Limbaugh Institute of Conservative Studies where
he is
currently working toward a neo-con degree. But the really big news is
that
he is going into production on a titanium replica of the Sunset
lowracer
just as soon as he can locate a reliable source for seat hemp.

$kip,

"Lowracer" should be capitalized when it follows "Sunset".

snip
--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

I can't believe it. It's your first day back and you have already
started insisting that people capitalize words that shouldn't be
capitalized just because that's the way you want it. I say it's Sunset
lowracer just like it's Ford truck. I'm not referring to the legal
corporate trade marked name or whatever.

$kip

p.s. - I thought I had it right about you inheriting money. Must have
been thinking about Ed and his money. Sorry about that. And yeah I know
p.s. should be capitalized.

Ed Dolan is as poor as a church mouse and has been all of his life. That
is because I refused ever to work. I have always considered work beneath
me. Laziness is my chief virture and my chief claim to fame. Hells Bells,
if you can't come into this world with a silver spoon in your mouth, you
might as well stay out of it. Work is for workers - leisure is for Great
Ones like myself. I need it so I can listen to the music of Beethoven full
time and otherwise contemplate my navel, thereby discovering the ultimate
mysteries of the universe.

I have never understood why people who are more or less working at a job
full time are not all filthy rich. Maybe it is because they have a wife
and children to support, but I do not believe Tom Sherman is married. He
also does not have very many recumbents. The question arises at this
point, what is he spending all of his hard earned salary on? We here on
ARBR need to know.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Just kidding around Ed. I am very much aware of your vow of laziness and
poverty as well as your saintliness and good works here on ARBR.

I can count 5 recumbents that Tom now owns. Apparently he has acquired,
through hook or crook, another Sunset lowracer - a purple one (surely purple
wasn't a Sunset earth tone color used by the manufacturer).

Old September 9th 05, 08:00 PM
Michael J. Klein

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 17:05:17 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

"Bentracer and Bentrider" wrote in message
roups.com...
Ed Dolan and Tom Sherman should get married and love one another.

I'll say one thing for Tom Sherman. He was at least intelligent if
wrongheaded about everything. The present crop of ARBR posters are mostly
idiots and morons which is why I shall shortly be leaving never to return.

OK. Bye.

Michael J. Klein & Asian Castings Consortium

Yangmei Jen (Hukou), Taoyuan Hsien, Taiwan, ROC
Please replace mousepotato with asiancastings
Old September 9th 05, 08:49 PM
Edward Dolan

$kip wrote:
"Mark Leuck" wrote in message

[...]

Every message to this newsgroup is nothing but an opportunity for me to
pontificate. You and I are on the same page, but when you present me with an
opportunity to screw with this group, I can't resist. My post was all about
Tom Sherman and is directed to him, not to you.

I myself have a utility recumbent (Ed Roeter Maverick) which I bought as an
unpainted frameset and I painted it purple. I like purple because it is not
a serious color. It is an ideal recumbent for just running around town doing
chores and errands.

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old September 9th 05, 08:59 PM
Edward Dolan

wrote:

"Bentracer and Bentrider" wrote in message
groups.com...
Ed Dolan and Tom Sherman should get married and love one another.

I'll say one thing for Tom Sherman. He was at least intelligent if
wrongheaded about everything. The present crop of ARBR posters are mostly
idiots and morons which is why I shall shortly be leaving never to return.

OK. Bye.

Michael J. Klein & Asian Castings Consortium

Yangmei Jen (Hukou), Taoyuan Hsien, Taiwan, ROC

The most wonderful thing about newsgroups (Usenet) is that others from all
over the world may be reading what we are writing to one another. That is
why I always try to say something that might be of interest to unknown
readers. It seems remarkable to me that someone in Taiwan should be reading
what we are writing to one another. Because that is the case we should be
careful what we say to one another.

Old September 9th 05, 11:46 PM
gotbent

I can count 5 recumbents that Tom now owns. Apparently he has acquired,
through hook or crook, another Sunset lowracer - a purple one (surely
purple wasn't a Sunset earth tone color used by the manufacturer).

And now another one has come onto the marketplace in the guiseof the Rev.
Bruce Gordon's "Popsicle" streetable corroplast 'liner.

Old September 10th 05, 01:01 AM
Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic

$kip wrote:
...I say it's Sunset [L]owracer just like it's Ford truck....

What begins with "F" and ends in "uck"?
--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Old September 10th 05, 01:21 AM
Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic

Default Earth Cycles Sunset Lowracers [TM] (was: Petition to Convince Ed Dolan to Stay (or Go))

$kip wrote:
I can count 5 recumbents that Tom now owns. Apparently he has acquired,
through hook or crook, another Sunset lowracer - a purple one (surely purple
wasn't a Sunset earth tone color used by the manufacturer).

I traded a small piece of paper for the right to adopt Earth Cycles
Sunset Lowracer [TM] SS0006.

The previous care provider insists the correct color is LAVENDER. To
the best of my knowledge, Earth Cycles Sunset Lowracer [TM] SS0006 has
the original powder coat. I could make further inquires as to whether
the original care provider [3] specifically requested the color or not.

Who wants a common orange Sunset Lowracer [TM] anyhow? With 14 or so
out there, an orange Sunset Lowracer [TM] rider will see
himself/herself coming and going all the time. [3]

[1] Just like I did for Earth Cycles Sunset Lowracer [TM] SS0003.
[2] I am, at least, the third person to care for Earth Cycles Sunset
Lowracer [TM] SS0006.
[3] Especially in NE Illinois, where most of the Earth Cycles Sunset
Lowracers [TM] currently reside.
--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Old September 10th 05, 01:31 AM
Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic

Edward Dolan wrote:
I have never understood why people who are more or less working at a job
full time are not all filthy rich. Maybe it is because they have a wife and
children to support, but I do not believe Tom Sherman is married. He also
does not have very many recumbents. The question arises at this point, what
is he spending all of his hard earned salary on? We here on ARBR need to
know.

Ed Dolan obviously has no idea what engineer's salaries are and what
the cost of living is near any place where jobs are available. Here is
a hint, newly graduated civil engineers in the Chicagoland area can
expect to start out with salaries of about $40K per year. Taxes will
reduce that to about $28K per year. Subtract rent, utilities and
insurance for a single bedroom apartment, transportation expenses, and
basis food and the leftover amount is now down to about $6K per year.
Subtract the student loan payments that many have to make, and
discretionary income drops to $200-300 per month.

Welcome to the reality of living in 21st Century USA.
--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Old September 10th 05, 03:12 AM
Edward Dolan

"Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic" wrote in message
ups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]

You would be better off in the boondocks where the cost of living is not so
outrageous. What is the point of working if you have to spend it all just to
live.

However, there is no doubt that everyone is spending way too much on rent. I
am living in an old ramshackle house where the taxes are minimal. My main
expense is the utilities, mainly heat. Frankly, I could not afford to live
anywhere near Chicagoland.

Mr. Sherman should get married and then put his wife to work. Women don't
mind work. They are like donkeys that way. They will work hard and be
conscientious to a fault for the sake of a bit of lucre.

Old September 10th 05, 10:31 AM

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 11:00:32 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

"Jeff Grippe" wrote in message
I've changed my mind. Ed should go. He claims to want to leave anyway and
he doesn't have anything to say that we haven't heard before. The
entertainment value of his posts (for me) has worn off. Time for Ed to
move on.

There is no way in this world that a smart ass New York Jew can ever brook
opposition. I have shown his morals to be despicable. He believes abortion
is fine and dandy and he also believes that it is fine and dandy to f***
everyone at the drop of a hat. I am honored to be on his undesirable list.
That is ever the destiny of Great Saints like myself.

All you have shown that all you are capable of doing is masturbating
at the keyboard.

jim