carbon bike saddle

Old October 6th 18, 03:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default saddle Nm (was: 3 front derailleur positions for 2 chainrings

AMuzi wrote:

I don't know but a DIN Grade 8.8 bolt is not
necessarily torqued to 8.8nm:
http://cdn.engelbert-strauss.de/asse...4044811994.jpg

BTW I have thought about that a couple
of times. What is a DIN Grade 8.8 bolt?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
Old October 6th 18, 04:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default saddle Nm

https://www.quora.com/What-is-8-8-gr...is-it-used-for

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old October 6th 18, 07:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

On 2018-10-06 15:10, Emanuel Berg wrote:
Despite putting the saddle straight and pulling
the screws with everyday force, the saddle
reverted to the same position in a couple of
rides! Maybe I'll just do it again and pull
harder...

I didn't see it at first, but now I do: there
is a small specification below the saddle,
right next to the bolts - 8.8Nm.

So I put my torque wrench to work. The torque
wrench shaft is 22.5cm.

While this didn't involve any heavy pulling, it
ws still a couple of ratcheting back and for
before I got to 8.8. So how you guys do, not
8.8 but 40! - with but a small allen/hex wrench
is beyond me.

Man up and use your teeth! What the hell do you think they're for?!

Old October 6th 18, 11:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

On Sat, 06 Oct 2018 16:39:57 +0200, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

AMuzi wrote:

I don't know but a DIN Grade 8.8 bolt is not
necessarily torqued to 8.8nm:
http://cdn.engelbert-strauss.de/asse...4044811994.jpg

BTW I have thought about that a couple
of times. What is a DIN Grade 8.8 bolt?

As I told you before a more diligent use of the Internet would answer
most of your questions. See:
https://bit.ly/1TgWn3N

A grade 8.8 minimum yield strength of 640 Mpa and a minimum tensile
strength of 800 Mpa. Or 92,824 psi and 116,030 psi.

--

Cheers,

John B.
Old October 7th 18, 01:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Besides, it makes sense, as th saddle got
loose when I just pulled with an allen/hex
wrench. This, 8.8Nm, was more than that

And it is enough! 8.8Nm did it. Science,
at last. Err