The use of a woolen scarf in cycling

Old July 7th 11, 01:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle
thefathippy

Default The use of a woolen scarf in cycling

On Jul 7, 1:55*am, Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:
On 5/07/2011 12:37 PM, thefathippy wrote:

On Jun 30, 1:29 am, Geoff Lockglock@home *wrote:
On 29/06/2011 12:13 PM, Theo Bekkers wrote:

"Geoff Lock" *wrote

I do admit that I got the idea of keeping just the front of my torso
warm from that bit of history It works quite well you know - with the
scarf - I mean

Used to be popular with moto riders as well, but lighweight windproof
vests have replaced newsprint for keeping me warm.

My crappy secondhand $4 Adidas windcheater does OK most times. I can't
comment on the vests you have mentioned as I probably can't afford them

I was going to say they're dirt cheap, but they're not quite $4. I
thought mine were NZo brand, but I can't find the vests online at the
moment. We bought on special, and I think they were around $20, but
don't quote me.

Although I haven't ridden *all* night, or anywhere near it, there's
something special about a full moon night ride - moreso if you opt to
ride stealth. [1] Off road is best, of course.

****ing crazy to ride stealth at night, I reckon!!! I just haven't
got the guts any more, mate

The scariness is part of the fun!

On second thoughts, I guess I'd probably do it if it was on one of those
cycleways Clover is building though, but you did say "offroad" so I'll
havta pass until I build up more kahunas

[1] danger Will Robinson - I bear a scar on my eyelid from riding
stealth and hitting a tree branch that was across the track at eye
height. Lucky I wasn't blinded or knocked unconscious. Saw lots of
stars that night.but they seemed to be inside my head.

Man, you are lucky indeed!!

I have a chipped tooth from missing the "good line" on the foopath
during a stealth session ages ago - I think the footpath thought I was
trying to kiss it and the footpath objected to my ugly face ) I will
not mention the chewy bits of "something" from around the inside of my
bottom lips But then, I was not offroad so I guess it was not quite
like being smacked in the face with a tree branch

I dunno, the branch flexed, if only a little, the ground doesn't flex
at all. ;^)

Tony F

Old July 7th 11, 02:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

On 7/07/2011 10:55 AM, thefathippy wrote:
On Jul 7, 1:55 am, Geoff Lockglock@home wrote:
On 5/07/2011 12:37 PM, thefathippy wrote:

On Jun 30, 1:29 am, Geoff Lockglock@home wrote:
On 29/06/2011 12:13 PM, Theo Bekkers wrote:

"Geoff Lock" wrote

My crappy secondhand $4 Adidas windcheater does OK most times. I can't
comment on the vests you have mentioned as I probably can't afford them

I was going to say they're dirt cheap, but they're not quite $4. I
thought mine were NZo brand, but I can't find the vests online at the
moment. We bought on special, and I think they were around $20, but
don't quote me.

Hey, everyone, he said $20 )

Although I haven't ridden *all* night, or anywhere near it, there's
something special about a full moon night ride - moreso if you opt to
ride stealth. [1] Off road is best, of course.

****ing crazy to ride stealth at night, I reckon!!! I just haven't
got the guts any more, mate

The scariness is part of the fun!

I hate to admit it but you're kinda right there.

I have a chipped tooth from missing the "good line" on the foopath
during a stealth session ages ago - I think the footpath thought I was
trying to kiss it and the footpath objected to my ugly face ) I will
not mention the chewy bits of "something" from around the inside of my
bottom lips But then, I was not offroad so I guess it was not quite
like being smacked in the face with a tree branch

I dunno, the branch flexed, if only a little, the ground doesn't flex
at all. ;^)

The ground may not flex but parts of my face do