Tyre blowout

Old June 14th 11, 07:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default Tyre blowout

Nearly forgot to mention this and maybe, it should have stayed forgotten
but had a sidewall blowout yesterday arvo on my crappy 700x23C tyres

The road had a layer of water tending towards dry, it was a slight
downhill (4-5 degrees?) of approx 350m long, and my speed was
fortunately low, 20-25kph(?), so I didn't come a cropper.

I just heard a sound like someone threw a firecracker at me, saw a puff
of water get kicked off the wet road, and some kinda of grinding sound

Also I was lucky that it happened about the last 50m of the downhill and
I was planning to slow down anyway. I managed the 90 degree lefthand
turn at the bottom of the downhill and turned into someone's driveway

Well, gotta get new tyres now, so off to Johnno's in Kenso

Tyre Blowout Bob C Australia 23 January 6th 08 02:03 AM
USC Blowout Sale! isaac steiner Unicycling 21 December 27th 07 03:57 PM
Conti Tyre Blowout [email protected] UK 9 June 1st 05 09:10 AM
AD: Bianchi Blowout... davidgeisbush Marketplace 0 November 21st 03 10:47 PM
First blowout tony R UK 6 October 15th 03 07:28 PM