Child mown down by RLJ scum

Old February 3rd 16, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Default Child mown down by RLJ scum

Police are involved.
QUOTE:
"Ms Scott, who lives in Reigate Road, told Get Surrey : "We'd been into Horley on our bikes on the cycle path and were coming back home.

"We got to the roundabout and waited at the crossing, the lights turned green for us and we both said it was safe to cross.

"Jemima went ahead and I always stand just behind her. She was just about getting to the centre of the road and the car was quite clearly not stopping, I yelled at her to get out of the way.

"Jemima had enough time to take action herself before the car hit us, so there was quite a bit of time there for the car to stop.

"She was hit by the wing [of the car] and bounced down and crumpled down to the floor."

Ms Scott said the driver pulled over to the side of the road, while she rushed to her daughter and moved the bike.

"She [the car driver] went through a red light, I asked her why and she said 'I can't give you an answer'. She didn't say very much," said Ms Scott.

http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surr...orley-10825842
Old February 3rd 16, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Smith[_7_]

Alycidon wrote:

Police are involved.
QUOTE:
"Ms Scott, who lives in Reigate Road, told Get Surrey : "We'd been into
Horley on our bikes on the cycle path and were coming back home.

"We got to the roundabout and waited at the crossing, the lights turned
green for us and we both said it was safe to cross.

"Jemima went ahead and I always stand just behind her. She was just about
getting to the centre of the road and the car was quite clearly not
stopping, I yelled at her to get out of the way.

A car? _What_??

This story is obviously false. Everyone knows that psychopaths never jump
red lights. Only cyclists do that. Just ask Nugent.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
Old February 3rd 16, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 03/02/2016 08:53, Alycidon wrote:
[...]

More likely that the cyclist just rode across without looking. A sense
of entitlement to do something is not the same as a force field. Notice
that the car driver stopped and gave details.
Old February 3rd 16, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 03/02/2016 12:38, Mrcheerful wrote:
[...]

As far as I can see those are not Toucan crossings, so should not be
cycled across in any case.
Old February 3rd 16, 02:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Wednesday, 3 February 2016 08:58:02 UTC, John Smith wrote:
Alycidon wrote:

Police are involved.
QUOTE:
"Ms Scott, who lives in Reigate Road, told Get Surrey : "We'd been into
Horley on our bikes on the cycle path and were coming back home.

"We got to the roundabout and waited at the crossing, the lights turned
green for us and we both said it was safe to cross.

"Jemima went ahead and I always stand just behind her. She was just about
getting to the centre of the road and the car was quite clearly not
stopping, I yelled at her to get out of the way.

A car? _What_??

This story is obviously false. Everyone knows that psychopaths never jump
red lights. Only cyclists do that.

Maybe if the criminals were forced to take a test, carry a licence and have a number plate fitted it would stop them driving through red lights.

Oh, hang on.

Old February 3rd 16, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Macaw

Alycidon wrote:

Police are involved.
QUOTE:
"Ms Scott, who lives in Reigate Road, told Get Surrey : "We'd been into
Horley on our bikes on the cycle path and were coming back home.

"We got to the roundabout and waited at the crossing, the lights turned
green for us and we both said it was safe to cross.

"Jemima went ahead and I always stand just behind her. She was just about
getting to the centre of the road and the car was quite clearly not
stopping, I yelled at her to get out of the way.

A car? _What_??

This story is obviously false. Everyone knows that psychopaths never jump
red lights. Only cyclists do that.

Maybe if the criminals were forced to take a test, carry a licence and have a number plate fitted it would stop them driving through red lights.

Oh, hang on.

As Mr Cheerful said, you don't cross just because your light is green. Lock the parents away for child abuse, she should not have been told it was ok to cross before somebody checked for approaching cars.

--
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway
Old February 3rd 16, 02:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Alycidon wrote:

Police are involved.
QUOTE:
"Ms Scott, who lives in Reigate Road, told Get Surrey : "We'd been into
Horley on our bikes on the cycle path and were coming back home.

"We got to the roundabout and waited at the crossing, the lights turned
green for us and we both said it was safe to cross.

"Jemima went ahead and I always stand just behind her. She was just about
getting to the centre of the road and the car was quite clearly not
stopping, I yelled at her to get out of the way.

A car? _What_??

This story is obviously false. Everyone knows that psychopaths never jump
red lights. Only cyclists do that.

Maybe if the criminals were forced to take a test, carry a licence and have a number plate fitted it would stop them driving through red lights.

Oh, hang on.

The cyclist allegedly went on a green light, the car driver allegedly
went over a red. Evidently one or the other or both failed to keep a
proper look out, that is all we know. As far as I can tell the cyclist
should not have been riding over the crossing in the first place.
Old February 3rd 16, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Wednesday, 3 February 2016 08:53:29 UTC, Alycidon wrote:

"She [the car driver] went through a red light, I asked her why and she said 'I can't give you an answer'. She didn't say very much," said Ms Scott.

Looks like this is the spot where the scum drove through on red.

https://goo.gl/maps/pqCUswxqbc92

Hopefully, plod will see a prosecution in it for them.

Old February 6th 16, 07:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 00:53:28 -0800 (PST), Alycidon wrote:

Police are involved.

A good job the child was wearing a cycle helmet.