661's!!!

Old August 18th 05, 08:50 PM
frozenuniman

Default 661's!!!

okay, so hopefully i should be getting my 661 knee and shin pads.
so everyone here please tell me what kind of pain they have saved you
from and what they have gone through

--
frozenuniman
frozenuniman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10597

Old August 18th 05, 09:15 PM
Radical Reed

you made a good choice i just got mine a few days ago and they have
saved the back of my leg from being scrached about 3 times aswell they
have saved the front of my leg from meany a rock. i was riding down a
steep slope of pure jagged rock and i fell I was also wearing a 661
bomber jacket so i was left virtualy un harmed (ha, take that nature)
any who in the end they will give you more confidice

--
Radical Reed - my new Muni's called Fandango

how do i get a picture here?
Radical Reed's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10427

Old August 18th 05, 09:47 PM
unicycle6869

I just used my 661's for the first time yesterday and I did like them
vs. my old volleyball knee pads I was using but have a few complaints.
The first being that they get pretty damn hot and you sweet muchos
grandes from wearing them, but that's kinda a given since they are black
and don't have much ventilation. The other problem I have is that my
legs are too dang long. 661's are the longest ones I could find but it
still isn't long enough. So after a couple minutes of riding they start
to slide down my leg, slowly unprotecting my knee. Although they do
eventually stop sliding down, my knee is more exposed than I'd like and
it's uncomfortable but not much I can do. Or is there? Any suggestions?

--
unicycle6869 - LEVEL 10 RIDER-HELL YA!

Jamey (formerly known as tuna6869)

Which is worse, a president who screws an intern, or a president who
screws the country?

*20 Years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you
didn't do than by the things you did-EXPLORE-DREAM-LIVE!
unicycle6869's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8990

Old August 18th 05, 09:49 PM
Fuego

I like my 661s. they've saved me from various shin bruises, knee
scrapes, and pedal bites... they're kinda coming apart now though.

--
Fuego - A Cult of Unicyclists

If u could've aborted president bush using medicinal marijuana grown by
a gay guy with a feeding-tube who was on death row, wade u?
-GILD

"Get off my Property before you sue me!"
-Morons everywhere.

'OneWheelNinjaSquad' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/OneWheelNinjaSquad)
Fuego's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6983

Old August 18th 05, 09:57 PM
entropy

unicycle6869 wrote:
*I just used my 661's for the first time yesterday and I did like them
vs. my old volleyball knee pads I was using but have a few complaints.
The first being that they get pretty damn hot and you sweet muchos
grandes from wearing them, but that's kinda a given since they are
black and don't have much ventilation. The other problem I have is
that my legs are too dang long. 661's are the longest ones I could
find but it still isn't long enough. So after a couple minutes of
riding they start to slide down my leg, slowly unprotecting my knee.
Although they do eventually stop sliding down, my knee is more exposed
than I'd like and it's uncomfortable but not much I can do. Or is
there? Any suggestions? *

The heat is something I just got used to. I hardly notice it now that
I've used them for a year.

What size did you get? If you've already got the largest (read:
longest) could you try high-top shoes that come up past your ankles?
That might hold the pads in place.

--
entropy - life in balance
entropy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5816

Old August 18th 05, 10:05 PM
unicycle6869

entropy wrote:
*The heat is something I just got used to. I hardly notice it now
that I've used them for a year.

What size did you get? If you've already got the largest (read:
longest) could you try high-top shoes that come up past your ankles?
That might hold the pads in place. *

Yes, I got the longest they make them in. The high-top shoes might be a
solution...hmmmm. Thanks for the advice.

Old August 18th 05, 11:51 PM
forrestunifreak

I fell with all my weight on my 661 padded shins the other day, on a
(realativly) sharp edge, and got bruised THROUGH my 661s. THink
how it woulda been without them.

THere pretty good. They get warm, but they give you more...confidence
doing hard stuff.

--
forrestunifreak - The buck stops here.

warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.

it has been known to the state of california to cause warts, toe jam,
ring-around-the-collar, compulsive twitching, and in some severe cases,
' diaper rash.' (http://tinyurl.com/ct5lp)
it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pshycological nudity, and
traces of peanuts.

Team YAMS member.....

Old August 19th 05, 12:03 AM
peter.bier

unicycle6869 wrote:
*I The first being that they get pretty damn hot and you sweet muchos
grandes from wearing them, but that's kinda a given since they are
black and don't have much ventilation.
*

Just wait till you try neoprene leg armour like my azonics. Can you say
unicycling with your legs in a wetsuit :-)

Sweat is a bit annoying bit it is a small price to pay for saving your
legs from bloody gashes requiring medical attention.

Before I got my leg armour I used to draw blood very frequently and got
some nasty shin and calf gashes. I have seen people with serious gash
wounds from not using leg armour (ie large numbers of stitches and
several month heal times with big permanent scars). Unicycle rides that
end up with people carted off in an ambulance suck.

I'll take sweat over pain and scarring any day :-)

--
peter.bier - Posting since 97

-Peter Bier

peter.bier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1506

Old August 19th 05, 02:06 AM
WWUunicycler

meh, they've just saved me from a few pedal bites. but mine are also
very new as well as my new sharp pedal pins. however i've never
actually experienced a pedal bite and am just fine with that. that is
why i got them right?!

--
WWUunicycler - Proud Owner of a new KH 20" trials
WWUunicycler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10142

making 4x4 more comfortable? thinuniking Unicycling 14 July 23rd 05 07:36 PM
I ripped my new 661's! forrestunifreak Unicycling 6 April 26th 05 05:46 AM
what elbow guards? nickjb Unicycling 10 April 7th 04 10:35 PM
Protection from square top frame - 661s? redwelly Unicycling 7 November 3rd 03 05:35 PM