Glo-gloves

Old November 11th 05, 02:55 PM
Claire Petersky

Default Glo-gloves

These were mentioned on a local commuter board. (See:
http://www.gloglov.com/). Anyone here use them?

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
See the books I've set free at:

Old November 11th 05, 06:56 PM
Rick

Claire Petersky wrote:
These were mentioned on a local commuter board. (See:
http://www.gloglov.com/). Anyone here use them?

I do on occasion. I was thinking this morning that it was time to get
them out and put them in my commute bag. The upside is that they are
quite reflective and do make the hands very visible as you signal, etc.
The downside is that they are over-gloves, fitting over your standard
gloves. For me, much of the time, that is too thick and bulky ... and
warm.

- rick

Old November 12th 05, 02:47 AM
Fritz M

Claire Petersky wrote:
http://www.gloglov.com/). Anyone here use them?

I haven't seen them before but they look like a cool product. They also
seem to be blog spammers which means they won't be getting any business
from me.

RFM

Old November 14th 05, 04:27 AM
Chris Zacho The Wheelman

Nope. But I sure could have used then whilst commuting after dark.'

- -

"May you have the winds at your back,
And a really low gear for the hills!"

Chris'Z Corner
http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

Old November 14th 05, 08:44 PM
Buck

Fritz M wrote:
Claire Petersky wrote:
http://www.gloglov.com/). Anyone here use them?

I haven't seen them before but they look like a cool product. They also
seem to be blog spammers which means they won't be getting any business
from me.

You can always buy some retro-reflective tape and sew it onto your
gloves:

http://inertiadesigns.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id=252
http://www.reflectivelyyours.com/generic129.html

I've used the scotchlite sew-on tape before. It works well.

-Buck

Old November 15th 05, 03:34 PM
Claire Petersky

"Buck" wrote in message
oups.com...

Claire Petersky wrote:
http://www.gloglov.com/). Anyone here use them?

You can always buy some retro-reflective tape and sew it onto your
gloves:

http://inertiadesigns.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id=252
http://www.reflectivelyyours.com/generic129.html

I've used the scotchlite sew-on tape before. It works well.

Alas, this would mean I'd have to actually sew.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
See the books I've set free at:

Old November 15th 05, 06:04 PM
Buck

Claire Petersky wrote:
"Buck" wrote in message

I've used the scotchlite sew-on tape before. It works well.

Alas, this would mean I'd have to actually sew.

Well, they do have a self-adhesive version... just be prepared to
re-apply often.

-Buck

Old November 16th 05, 09:04 AM
Joshua Putnam

In article t,
says...
"Buck" wrote in message
oups.com...

Claire Petersky wrote:
http://www.gloglov.com/). Anyone here use them?

You can always buy some retro-reflective tape and sew it onto your
gloves:

http://inertiadesigns.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id=252
http://www.reflectivelyyours.com/generic129.html

I've used the scotchlite sew-on tape before. It works well.

Alas, this would mean I'd have to actually sew.

I've used the sew-on stuff on gloves, it doesn't have to be pretty
sewing, or precise machine stitches, crude hand stitching works just
fine.

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/