Tomorrow's ride cancelled because I didn't give a darn

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 21st 19, 05:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Tomorrow's ride cancelled because I didn't give a darn

"Darn" isn't a euphemism. It's predicted to be well below zero
tomorrow, and my alpaca tights need mending.

I wonder whether people who use Celsius exclusively have a name for
the temperature at which road salt stops working and below which
frozen food will keep forever.

Ah, well, I need driving practice and we are getting low on seltzer
and other things too heavy to bring home by bike.

Yes, I did bring home a case of beer bungeed to the rack of my bike
once. *Once*.

And if I put two cartons of seltzer in my panniers, there isn't any
room for anything else. I want at least half a dozen, and also
Mountain Dew and Dr. Pepper. We're also low on frozen "I don't feel
like cooking tonight"s.

I did climb stairs three times today. When we had a multi-floor
house, I'd climb stairs more than three times per hour when I had a
load of wash in. But I was really glad to be all on one floor this
time last year, when my meralgia parasthetica advanced into sciatica.
All praise to the guy who invented fluoroscopic steroid shots!

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

Give me inertia or give me death (what the heck, give me both...) Ralph Barone Techniques 5 January 28th 08 03:25 AM
Son of Death ride cancelled ? Postponed ? Callistus Valerius Racing 9 August 23rd 06 05:44 PM
God intervenes! Ride cancelled. dgk General 11 December 16th 04 03:29 AM
Darn it MSeries UK 6 December 3rd 04 06:07 PM
A ride that didn't suck. p e t e f a g e r l i n Mountain Biking 4 October 7th 04 05:55 AM