Lyne

Old July 11th 03, 10:19 PM
TritonRider

Default Lyne

From Velonews.
http://www.velonews.com/race/dom/articles/4476.1.html

Lyne and [Saturn teammate] Jessica [Phillips] just stayed at the front all
day," Albert said. "I could hear them talking. Lyne was setting a pretty hard
tempo, and Jessica came up and was talking with Lyne, and I heard Lyne say,
‘Okay,' and there Lyne goes.

"I stayed with her for a while, but she rode alone from probably nine miles
from the top of McKenzie. On the climb she kept gaining on me, and the gap was
2:24 over the top, so I made back a minute on her on the last climb."

Bessette, who is characteristically modest about her achievements, just smiled.
"I'm here to race hard," she said. "I took some time off after [Canadian]
nationals. Now I'm starting over again. It was good to take some time to not
focus on training. I'm really happy with my season, everything is going really
well."

The course in Hamilton seems to suit her. I'm picking Lyne for Worlds now.
Bill C