Cyclist in accident drives off

Old August 17th 08, 11:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_4_]

Default Cyclist in accident drives off

nully wrote:
JNugent wrote:
Paul Boyd wrote:

HarryHill said,

Anne-Marie Wilkins, 37, from Llandaff North, is starting a petition
calling for the Taff Trail to be widened through Hailey Park after
her dog Bonny was run over by a cyclist, who then immediately rode off.

That cyclist should be shot. Regardless of whose fault it was, and
the article doesn't say, the cyclist should at the very least have
stopped to make sure the dog was OK. Despicable, cowardly behaviour,
IMO.

Maybe. maybe not.

What if he's frightened of dogs (and/or irate dog owners)?

That is meant as a serious point.

Okay, fair enough. I think its an unfair position to take, since a
motorist would never get away with leaving the scene of a serious
accident because he was 'scared'. But, nevertheless, I accept that its
possible. So, once free of the immediate area, why didn't the cyclist
phone the law shop and tell them of the incident?

Ah... I dunnoo.
Old August 17th 08, 11:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_4_]

Clive George wrote:
"nully" wrote in message

Do me a favour, Marc. Please cycle into *my* dog and ride off. Or rather,
attempt to.

Nice - that's more than once you've threatened violence against members of
this NG.

That is completely unacceptable.

He has "threatened" violence?

Or warned of its possibility (assuming that the natural reaction of a
hurt animal can be called "violence")?
Old August 18th 08, 12:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

"JNugent" wrote in message
Clive George wrote:
"nully" wrote in message

Do me a favour, Marc. Please cycle into *my* dog and ride off. Or
rather, attempt to.

Nice - that's more than once you've threatened violence against members
of this NG.

That is completely unacceptable.

He has "threatened" violence?

Or warned of its possibility (assuming that the natural reaction of a hurt
animal can be called "violence")?

Read what he wrote more carefully. He has threatened violence, both from
himself and by deliberate negligence in controlling his dog.

Old August 18th 08, 12:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
nully[_3_]

Clive George wrote:
"JNugent" wrote in message
Clive George wrote:
"nully" wrote in message

Do me a favour, Marc. Please cycle into *my* dog and ride off. Or
rather, attempt to.
Nice - that's more than once you've threatened violence against members
of this NG.

That is completely unacceptable.

He has "threatened" violence?

Or warned of its possibility (assuming that the natural reaction of a hurt
animal can be called "violence")?

Read what he wrote more carefully. He has threatened violence, both from
himself and by deliberate negligence in controlling his dog.

LOL thats like accusing a soldier who shot you in a warzone of
deliberate negligence in controlling his weapon. Dont go into a warzone,
dont get shot. Dont run over the dog, dont get bit.
Old August 18th 08, 12:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
nully[_3_]

Tom Crispin wrote:
On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 17:52:07 +0100, nully wrote:

Marc wrote:
HarryHill wrote:
‘There may be serious consequences if a cyclist hits a child’

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...1466-21415408/

CALLS have been made for the widening of a pedestrian and cycle path
after a dog was hit by a bicycle.

Anne-Marie Wilkins, 37, from Llandaff North, is starting a petition
calling for the Taff Trail to be widened through Hailey Park after her
dog Bonny was run over by a cyclist, who then immediately rode off.

My money is on the little turd dispenser either being on a 35ft
extendable lead or not being on one at all.

Which gives the cyclist the right to simply ride off and ignore the
incident then? Cycles should be required to carry reg plates to avoid
cowardly behaviour such as this. Be nice to see some posters condemn the
cyclist leaving the scene *irrespective of fault*, but I guess I'm
asking for too much there - after all, cyclists are beyond fault, right?

Whilst I agree with your sentiment that it is cowardly behaviour by
the cyclist, I am not convinced that a bike registration scheme is the
answer.

I was once bitten by a dog. The owner just walked off. Do you think
that dogs should carry registration plates also?

Fair comment. I suppose there are crap dog owners just like crap bike
riders. Just that there seems to be an inordinately high concentration
of the bike version posting here.
Old August 18th 08, 12:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Oldfield[_2_]

"Marc" wrote in message
Rob Oldfield wrote:
"Marc" wrote in message
judith wrote:

Excellent - when I first saw the OP - I knew that there would be one
of the resident ****wits along soon with that sort of question.

Yes, but you, like your mate, are a troll. What trolls believe , know,
think or say isn't important.

So why the **** do you continue to respond to them?

It entertains me. I stop when I find them boring.

It entertains you winning arguments with morons? Seems a bit silly to me.
They're too thick to know when they're beaten anyway.

Old August 18th 08, 12:34 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
nully[_3_]

Rob Oldfield wrote:
"Marc" wrote in message
Rob Oldfield wrote:
"Marc" wrote in message
judith wrote:

Excellent - when I first saw the OP - I knew that there would be one
of the resident ****wits along soon with that sort of question.

Yes, but you, like your mate, are a troll. What trolls believe , know,
think or say isn't important.
So why the **** do you continue to respond to them?

It entertains me. I stop when I find them boring.

It entertains you winning arguments with morons? Seems a bit silly to me.
They're too thick to know when they're beaten anyway.

Where you, of course, are an intellectual giant. Innit?
Old August 18th 08, 12:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Light of Aria[_2_]

Stopped to be bitten?
Stopped to be attacked by the "aggrieved" owner?

Loose turd dispenser,
Loose turd dispenser is scared but unhurt by cyclist
Loose turd dispenser learns lesson
Turd dispenser's owner doesn't learn lesson and starts a petition to spend
£100,000s rather than her buying a lead

What possible help would it have been for the cyclist to have stopped?

Perhaps the cyclist could have given the Turd Dispenser the kiss of life.

Old August 18th 08, 01:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Aug 17, 11:27*am, HarryHill wrote:

Anne-Marie Wilkins, 37, from Llandaff North, is starting a petition
calling for the Taff Trail to be widened through Hailey Park after her
dog Bonny was run over by a cyclist, who then immediately rode off.

Dogs are made of meat. I would not stop if
I ran over a sausage patty or a catfish fillet
either.
Old August 18th 08, 07:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simmo

nully wrote:

[...]

I have a car which will top 140 mph. Going to have that seized too?
LOL do get a grip old chap.

Do you, by any chance, have a small penis?

--
Simmo, delurking.