I just passed out whilst riding.

Old July 31st 08, 11:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tobbogonist

Default I just passed out whilst riding.

GizmoDuck wrote:
Not really clear from your post what happened. Do you mean you might
have fallen over and knocked yourself out? Do you have a bump on your
head?

If you just 'passed out' for no apparent reason and no warning before
hand (feeling lightheaded/faint), then you really should get checked
out. There are some serious things that could cause that. But most
commonly it's just a simple faint.

I think it was shock, i believe now that i hit my knee on the
frame(right in the position where i foolishly keep a really sensitive
nerve ending). I have passed out from that before but not for many
years. My head was only dizzy, not really headache and there is no
bumps that i can find, well no new ones.

i will check it out with my gp next week though.

fine now although it feels like my knee is softening the swing of a
small wrecking ball every half second..

--
tobbogonist

Top half: purple yowie
Bottom half: garden rake

leave that lying around.
Old July 31st 08, 11:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ivan

Ouch, nerve endings in awkward spots.

Glad you're okay after all. Hope your knee gets better too.

--
ivan

Did you know that lighter flame smells like burnt nose
hair?entropy isn't what it used to be.
Old July 31st 08, 01:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
caudy

tobbogonist wrote:
I think it was shock, i believe now that i hit my knee on the
frame(right in the position where i foolishly keep a really sensitive
nerve ending).

Oh, that sounds painful. Does that mean that it could possibly happen
again quite easily? That could be a real risk if you are attempting a
larger jump in a high place and the same thing happens. Do you wear
knee and shin pads?

--
caudy

watch my trials video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HzPieOwikQ
Sheffield Unicycle Hockey
Old July 31st 08, 10:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

Wear a helmet!

It wasn't clear if you were wearing one or not, but if you weren't and
hit your head (you may not even feel a lump or bruise), there's a good
chance you wouldn't remember exactly how it happened. It could have
been a lot worse.

Most serious bike and motorcycle accidents are by riders not wearing
helmets. (multiple fractures, compound fractures, paralysis, death,
brain damage, etc.)

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'
(http://unicycletips.com/)*'Trials class system'
(http://tinyurl.com/yqpvxk)*'Trials Building'
Old July 31st 08, 11:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tobbogonist

caudy wrote:
Oh, that sounds painful. Does that mean that it could possibly happen
again quite easily? That could be a real risk if you are attempting a
larger jump in a high place and the same thing happens. Do you wear
knee and shin pads?

i do when i am practicing street. But i had none of for trials. Just
mucking about in the back yard. yeah it is a problem which could happen
again very easily, i can hardly bear even tapping the inside of that
knee on something. i am going to have to look into a knee protection
brace thing.

skilewis74 wrote:
Wear a helmet!

It wasn't clear if you were wearing one or not, but if you weren't and
hit your head (you may not even feel a lump or bruise), there's a good
chance you wouldn't remember exactly how it happened. It could have
been a lot worse.

Most serious bike and motorcycle accidents are by riders not wearing
helmets. (multiple fractures, compound fractures, paralysis, death,
brain damage, etc.)

I Helmet up when i leave the house but i was only danging about that
yard, I wasn't even 40cm off the ground. I didn't even think to go for a
helmet and that is the first time i have come close to hitting, or hit,
my head whilst riding.

a little scary actually now i look back on it, although my knee is
better now. just aching a little.

--
tobbogonist

Top half: purple yowie
Bottom half: garden rake

leave that lying around.
Old July 31st 08, 11:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tobbogonist

ivan wrote:
Ouch, nerve endings in awkward spots.

Glad you're okay after all. Hope your knee gets better too.

quite painfull. It should be better enough by the end of today.

stud

--
tobbogonist

Top half: purple yowie
Bottom half: garden rake

leave that lying around.

robyn korshid has passed way [email protected] Australia 0 January 24th 08 12:00 AM
Helmet Law for Bicycle Riding Passed in Israel Unicorn Unicycling 3 October 2nd 07 05:40 PM
Riding whilst holding onto seat cathwood Unicycling 22 March 16th 06 04:33 PM
Lance passed Ullrich k.papai Racing 14 July 5th 05 08:52 AM
The creator of the Third Eye mirror has passed away. david moore General 8 February 3rd 04 12:46 AM