Stolen bike

Old March 22nd 07, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Merriman

Default Stolen bike

Paul Boyd usenet.dont.work@plusnet wrote:

Roger Merriman said the following on 22/03/2007 15:39:

as it was he didn't make it out of the bank...

Must have been at the end of the queue on a Friday when brains were
being handed out :-)

not the sharpest tool it must be said....

still he gave the town plenty to talk about!

roger
Old March 22nd 07, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
raisethe

On 22 Mar, 13:03, Tony Raven wrote:
elyob wrote on 22/03/2007 12:37 +0100:

Not really a "one for the good guys". You put yourself in a potentially
dangerous situation to retrieve your stolen bicycle due to the uselessness
of the police.

Yes, and apropos another thread your mistake was in not phoning up the
police and telling them the youths were playing football in the street ;-)

--
Tony

And apropos yet another thread, you could have made a citizen's arrest
of the hoon on your bike, and ended up in a cell yoursel', charged
with assault.

Old March 22nd 07, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
POHB

On 22 Mar, 12:23, Chris A Chris.A.2nu...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
I recently had my bike nicked from outside the gym.
About a fortnight later I was in the pollution chariot stopping off for
a pint of milk when I saw three lads about 17 outside the shop and one
sitting astride my bike. I got the shopkeeper to ring the police who
said they would be an hour and a half. After a heated discussion, I
got the bike back and showved in the back of the car with a big grin.
One for the good guys!
Cheers.
Enjoy the ride.

--
Chris A

You're braver than most. Well done!

Old March 22nd 07, 09:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ekul Namsob

Tony Raven wrote:

elyob wrote on 22/03/2007 12:37 +0100:

Not really a "one for the good guys". You put yourself in a potentially
dangerous situation to retrieve your stolen bicycle due to the uselessness
of the police.

Yes, and apropos another thread your mistake was in not phoning up the
police and telling them the youths were playing football in the street ;-)

Seen elsewhere (on uk.comp.sys.mac where on-topic involves goats):

'ROUND LIKE A SHOT
=================
Going to bed the other night, I noticed people in my shed stealing
things. I phoned the Police but was told no one was in the area to help.
They said they would send someone over as soon as possible.

I hung up. A minute later I rang again. "Hello", I said, "I called you a
minute ago because there were people in my shed. You don't have to hurry
now because I shot them."

Within minutes there were half a dozen police cars in the area, plus
helicopters and an armed response unit. They caught the burglars
red-handed.

One of the officers said: "I thought you said you'd shot them."

To which I replied: "I thought you said there was no one available."'

Luke

--
Lincoln City 0-2 Southend United (AET)
Swansea City 2-2 Southend United
Old March 22nd 07, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alan Holmes[_2_]

"Tony Raven" wrote in message
elyob wrote on 22/03/2007 12:37 +0100:

Not really a "one for the good guys". You put yourself in a potentially
dangerous situation to retrieve your stolen bicycle due to the
uselessness of the police.

Yes, and apropos another thread your mistake was in not phoning up the
police and telling them the youths were playing football in the street ;-)

Or someone has just been shot!

Alan

Old March 23rd 07, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Al C-F

Chris A wrote:
I recently had my bike nicked from outside the gym.

If you had a bike, what need had you for a gym?

(Thinks carefully, ah yes. Fit girls in lycra.)
Old March 23rd 07, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd

Al C-F said the following on 23/03/2007 12:36:

If you had a bike, what need had you for a gym?

Well......

(Thinks carefully, ah yes. Fit girls in lycra.)

....you sussed it! I walk past a gym on my way into town, and it always
strikes me as ironic that all these people drive there. It's only a
small town - nowhere is far to walk or cycle to or from!

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old March 23rd 07, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
AP

I'm amazed this thread got so far before someone said this. Amen to it!

You're braver than most. Well done!

Old March 23rd 07, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 12:38:36 +0000, Paul Boyd
usenet.dont.work@plusnet wrote:

Al C-F said the following on 23/03/2007 12:36:

If you had a bike, what need had you for a gym?

Well......

(Thinks carefully, ah yes. Fit girls in lycra.)

...you sussed it! I walk past a gym on my way into town, and it always
strikes me as ironic that all these people drive there. It's only a
small town - nowhere is far to walk or cycle to or from!

Cue the photo of the fitness centre with escalators to the front door.

http://www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/fitness
Old March 23rd 07, 05:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
naked_draughtsman[_2_]

"raisethe" wrote in message
oups.com...

And apropos yet another thread, you could have made a citizen's arrest
of the hoon on your bike, and ended up in a cell yoursel', charged
with assault.

After waiting over an hour for the police to turn up to sort it out as
well.....

Stolen Bike Saxman UK 49 May 18th 06 08:35 AM
nearly stolen bike Paul - xxx UK 4 November 21st 05 07:31 PM
nearly stolen bike Helen Deborah Vecht UK 4 November 21st 05 11:12 AM
nearly stolen bike Tony Raven UK 0 November 16th 05 08:23 AM
bike stolen Jon_H UK 0 September 7th 05 05:46 PM