OT (sorta) - UPS Rant

Old August 14th 03, 01:51 AM
voodoo

Default OT (sorta) - UPS Rant

My apologies in advance for this rant. I'm ****ed!

The day had finally arrived when I would be receiving my shiny new crankset.
As I tracked my package being shipped from Oregon, I saw where it bypassed
Baton Rouge, only to go to New Orleans. "No big deal", I thought. The next
day, I saw where it bypassed Baton Rouge again, to go to all
places.....Jackson, Mississippi!! WTF?!?! Ok, tomorrow it'll be here. Sure
enough, the next day, "out for delivery", it says. The glorious day had
finally arrived! I see to it that my schedule will keep me home all day, as
I know insured items like this require a signature. By 7:00 P.M., I get a
little concerned, so I track the package again. What does it say??

"RECEIVER NOT IN ON 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT"

Can you say Oops (UPS)??

~Mark aka voodoo

Old August 14th 03, 02:03 AM
Nelson Binch

"voodoo" wrote in message
| My apologies in advance for this rant. I'm ****ed!
|
| The day had finally arrived when I would be receiving my shiny new
crankset.
| As I tracked my package being shipped from Oregon, I saw where it bypassed
| Baton Rouge, only to go to New Orleans. "No big deal", I thought. The next
| day, I saw where it bypassed Baton Rouge again, to go to all
| places.....Jackson, Mississippi!! WTF?!?! Ok, tomorrow it'll be here.
Sure
| enough, the next day, "out for delivery", it says. The glorious day had
| finally arrived! I see to it that my schedule will keep me home all day,
as
| I know insured items like this require a signature. By 7:00 P.M., I get a
| little concerned, so I track the package again. What does it say??
|
| "RECEIVER NOT IN ON 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT"

UPS disgusts me over home delivery. One time they'll leave something right
on my porch in broad daylight (often expensive bike parts) they next they
leave their little post-its for something cheap. My gripe is that I cannot
go to their dist. center and ask for my package, I either have to sign the
little thing or take a day off work to get my stuff. USPS, at least, will
let you pick up your stuff at the nearby post office.

---
__o
_`\(,_ Cycling is life,
(_)/ (_) all the rest, just details.
Nelson Binch =^o.o^=
http://intergalax.com

Old August 14th 03, 02:57 AM
Clyde_in_TN

Nelson Binch wrote:

UPS disgusts me over home delivery. One time they'll leave something right
on my porch in broad daylight (often expensive bike parts) they next they
leave their little post-its for something cheap. My gripe is that I cannot
go to their dist. center and ask for my package, I either have to sign the
little thing or take a day off work to get my stuff.

Yes it MUST be delivered to the address on the box, UPS policy.

Hey don't feel bad, I sometimes worked security at the UPS terminal at
the Manchester airport and the sort folks would tease me by actually
showing me packages addressed to me, only to throw them back on the line
to go over to Brown Ave. get put on a truck and driven out to my house
several hours later. Sometimes being woken up by the same drivers I've
checked in and out of my gate at 3 am sigh

You _can_ request a signature card.. you fill it out and they give you a
sticker to put on your door that states "Signature card on file, Driver
Release" which allows the driver to release packages without a
signature. (unless it is stamped on the package "Adult signature
required" like in the case of a cell phone or pistol or some such thing)

Old August 14th 03, 05:41 AM
voodoo

"Clyde_in_TN" wrote in message
Nelson Binch wrote:
You _can_ request a signature card.. you fill it out and they give you a
sticker to put on your door that states "Signature card on file, Driver
Release" which allows the driver to release packages without a
signature. (unless it is stamped on the package "Adult signature
required" like in the case of a cell phone or pistol or some such thing)

I was home all day. They never came by. My area is the last stop on the
route, and the driver was ready to go home. Thing is, ya get three shots at
this, and they send it back. They better bring it tomorrow. I sent customer
service a little note letting them know of my displeasure, and that I was
home all day, so they best not fuxor this one up, and deliver tomorrow. I'm
still a little ****ed, can ya tell?

Old August 14th 03, 05:43 AM
voodoo

"Penny S." wrote in message
Clyde_in_TN scribbled :
Nelson Binch wrote:

UPS disgusts me over home delivery. One time they'll leave
something right on my porch in broad daylight (often expensive bike
parts) they next they leave their little post-its for something
cheap. My gripe is that I cannot go to their dist. center and ask
for my package, I either have to sign the little thing or take a day
off work to get my stuff.

Yes it MUST be delivered to the address on the box, UPS policy.

I avoid UPS at all costs, I much prefer fedex ground if I have to use a
ground service. PO is too damn expensive these days and priority mail is a
joke.

I had something come from Cambria that was being shipped Fedex. I tracked
it, and it said it was supposed to be here today. It got here Monday
instead.

Old August 14th 03, 06:12 AM
Slacker

Nelson Binch wrote:
You _can_ request a signature card.. you fill it out and they give you a
sticker to put on your door that states "Signature card on file, Driver
Release" which allows the driver to release packages without a
signature. (unless it is stamped on the package "Adult signature
required" like in the case of a cell phone or pistol or some such thing)

I was home all day. They never came by. My area is the last stop on the
route, and the driver was ready to go home. Thing is, ya get three shots

at
this, and they send it back. They better bring it tomorrow. I sent

customer
service a little note letting them know of my displeasure, and that I was
home all day, so they best not fuxor this one up, and deliver tomorrow.

I'm
still a little ****ed, can ya tell?

For cry'n out loud, do not use a frig'n signature card. If the package is
stolen, damaged or ? you're screwed.

You can always call the UPS hub and have them hold the package for you to
pick-up. I've done this a couple times, just make sure you do it before the
3 days are up.
--
Slacker - former UPS employee

Old August 14th 03, 06:17 AM
voodoo

"Slacker" wrote in message
Nelson Binch wrote:
[...]

If they drop the ball again tomorrow, that's what I'll do. Even being here
out in the sticks, they usually come through. This is only the second time
with the many packages I've had come my way that they have done this. It's
not the fact that they rescheduled that ****ed me off, it was the reason
they gave.

Old August 14th 03, 09:31 AM
David Kunz

Clyde_in_TN wrote:

Nelson Binch wrote:

[...]

Signature card's no help. Too many places want a real signature for a
$0.50 item any more. I've also had stuff come to me on the east coast
(Maryland) from Texas by way of California, then back to the originating
Texas hub, and finally to me (took an extra 2 days, but who's counting)!
I'm also towards the end of their route and regularly have them decide
that it's too late to deliver around Christmas and put it back for
redelivery -- sometimes 2 days in a row, but they've never lied about me
not being there.

I also have better luck with FedEx. They used to be the worst, but
they've improved quite a but. Recently I had a driver recognize me on
my bike about 2 miles from home, turn around and come back to redeliver
my package! (I always get out of the way of delivery (and other) trucks
-- I figure they've got a job to do, I'm just out havin' fun -- and
some of them are in a little too much of a hurry...).

David

Old August 14th 03, 01:47 PM
Carla A-G

"voodoo" wrote in message
Can you say Oops (UPS)??

They once held my bike hostage when I returned from a trip. If you've ever
seen me freak out, that was the day to see it.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old August 14th 03, 04:35 PM
Penny S.

voodoo scribbled :
"Penny S." wrote in message
Clyde_in_TN scribbled :
Nelson Binch wrote:

UPS disgusts me over home delivery. One time they'll leave
something right on my porch in broad daylight (often expensive bike
parts) they next they leave their little post-its for something
cheap. My gripe is that I cannot go to their dist. center and ask
for my package, I either have to sign the little thing or take a
day off work to get my stuff.

Yes it MUST be delivered to the address on the box, UPS policy.

I avoid UPS at all costs, I much prefer fedex ground if I have to
use a ground service. PO is too damn expensive these days and
priority mail is a joke.

I had something come from Cambria that was being shipped Fedex. I
tracked it, and it said it was supposed to be here today. It got here
Monday instead.

Fedexground does not guarantee a delivery day, only the overnight service
does.

None of the shippers are perfect, it's a game of odds.

Penny

Cyclist rant psycholist General 96 June 6th 04 02:02 AM
Further to Claire Petersky's rant psycholist General 34 June 5th 04 01:24 PM