Wahoo! Maggie Rides!!

Old November 16th 03, 02:40 AM
dazedNcontused

Default Wahoo! Maggie Rides!!

[image: http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/al...ide_Big_Smile]

Well, she did it! Maggie did her first real solo ride today. She tried
hard last spring, even e-mailing with JJuggle's Emma for a bit, but then
sort of took a break... We started up again a couple of weeks ago
though and we've been playing at the local park, riding down a crushed
stone path with a nice gentle slope, and today she just kept riding...
about 50 meters (or 50 yards).

She's about to explode, she's so proud. Me, well, yeah, a little...
blushes

Then we rode home about a kilometer (~1/2 mile), hand in hand on our
unis.

Pretty cool - a good day for Dad.

Tim

ps. the pic doesn't display right for me, but it's OK in the gallery:
'gallery link' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuq06)

--
dazedNcontused - go play in the snow!

She was so impressed she didn't even roll her eyes. - Harper
dazedNcontused's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2147

Old November 16th 03, 04:34 AM
brian.slater

It's a good thing she had a helmet on, otherwise that grin would have
spit her head all the way around.

Congratulations to both of you.

--
brian.slater - Nellfurtiti, the Wonder Cat

Brian C. Slater
AKA: Snoopy

Ok, I am now officially in my normal state of -advanced- confusion.
Don't try to confuse me, it won't make any difference.

"To not decide is to decide" - undecided
brian.slater's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3902

Old November 16th 03, 05:15 AM
JJuggle

dazedNcontused wrote:
*Well, she did it! Maggie did her first real solo ride today. She
tried hard last spring, even e-mailing with JJuggle's Emma for a bit,
but then sort of took a break... *

Tim,

Please give Maggie our congratulations. What a great day for her. (And
for you, too!)

Cheers,
Raphael (still waiting ) Lasar
Matawan, NJ

--
JJuggle - Last of the Dogmato-Revisionists

Never have so few done so much for so few. - Jim Hightower on the Bush
administration

"...and lately I've been satisfied by simple things,
like breathing in and breathing out."
- Natalie Merchant
"...and a new uni" - RL
JJuggle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/24

Old November 17th 03, 04:22 AM
chirokid

Congratulations Tim and Maggie. There is nothing quite like riding a
unicycle with your daughter. I hope you have as much fun riding with
her as I do riding with my girls.

All three of my girls ride. The 8 year old and I rode for a couple of
miles through town today. Just as she was going to sleep tonight, she
said: "Dad, thanks for riding Unicycles with me today!" Life doesn't
get much better than that. --chirokid--

--
chirokid

"That wascally wabbit wan off with a wobble of one wheelers" E. Fud
Original prose by UniBrier
chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

Old November 17th 03, 05:25 AM
cyberbellum

Congradulations!! That's quite an achievement!

--
cyberbellum - Level 0.5 rider

If I knew what I was doing I wouldn't be in research...
cyberbellum's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4550

Old November 17th 03, 06:00 AM
UniBrier

That is so cool.

Launching into the abyss and the first successful ride is huge. The
learning never ends.

Pretty soon she'll be schooling you on the new skills.

Happened to me.

--
UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

Steve DeKoekkoek - I've got a one track mind.
UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404