Seat Bag Suggestion

Old November 7th 04, 01:44 AM
Denny G.

Default Seat Bag Suggestion

Just purchased a Rans Tailwind recumbent. I need a seat bag, and I am
wondering if anyone in this group has after-market bag and mounting
suggestions for this bike. I went to three bike shops and I could not find
anything to fit the seat back directly without major modifications. Also,
it is not obvious where a water bottle cage would fit onto the bike frame.
(I suppose I could put a bottle into the bag when I get one.) Suggestions
appreciated.

---

Old November 7th 04, 01:57 AM
John Riley

Denny G. Wrote:
Just purchased a Rans Tailwind recumbent. I need a seat bag, and I am
wondering if anyone in this group has after-market bag and mounting
suggestions for this bike. I went to three bike shops and I could not
find
anything to fit the seat back directly without major modifications.
Also,
it is not obvious where a water bottle cage would fit onto the bike
frame.
(I suppose I could put a bottle into the bag when I get one.)
Suggestions
appreciated.

Water bottles mount on the back of the seat frame (last time I
checked). Rans offers several different bags:

http://www.shoprans.com/Bags.asp

Might find something at Hostel Shoppe as well:

http://hostelshoppe.com/cgi-bin/sear...ategory=200500

--
John Riley

Old November 7th 04, 02:24 AM
Tom Sherman

Denny G. wrote:

Just purchased a Rans Tailwind recumbent. I need a seat bag, and I am
wondering if anyone in this group has after-market bag and mounting
suggestions for this bike. I went to three bike shops and I could not find
anything to fit the seat back directly without major modifications. Also,
it is not obvious where a water bottle cage would fit onto the bike frame.
(I suppose I could put a bottle into the bag when I get one.) Suggestions
appreciated.

RANS [1] has mounting points for water bottles on the seat frame. These
may be difficult to access the first few tries, but it get quite easy
with practice.

RANS make seat bags http://www.shoprans.com/Bags.asp.

For some radical (sorry) bags see
http://www.radicaldesign.nl/en/allfa_recumbent_bags.html.

[1] Note correct use of all capital letters.

--
Tom Sherman – Greater QCA

Old November 7th 04, 03:27 AM
Bob Parnass

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 17:44:58 -0800, Denny G. wrote:

Just purchased a Rans Tailwind recumbent. I need a seat bag,...

If your Tailwind has the same seat as my Gliss, there are
2 pairs of bottle holder mounting holes on the rear of
the seat frame. The braze-ons should poke through the seat back
mesh, near the bottom sides of the seat back.

RANS seat bags may be purchased he

http://www.shoprans.com/Bags.asp

I installed a RANS "Streamline Tailpack" on the Gliss
and am satisfied with it:

http://www.shoprans.com/bpac0039.asp

Bob Parnass, AJ9S GNU/Linux User http://parnass.com

Old November 7th 04, 04:14 PM
Denny G.

John,

Thanks for the info. You guys are great! I will check out the water bottle
mount on the seat frame and the bag suggestions.

Denny G.

"John Riley" wrote in
message ...

Old November 7th 04, 04:25 PM
Denny G.

Tom,

Thanks for your information and rapid response. Today I will check out the
water bottle mount on the seat frame and your bag suggestions. I was in
Costco yesterday looking at their backpacks. They are only $20, well built,
and loaded with practical room, etc. Just for fun, I will see if this
backpack can be adapted to the RANS Tailwind seatback. (Thanks, also, for
squaring me away on the "all caps" for RANS.

Denny G.

Old November 7th 04, 04:31 PM
Denny G.

Bob,

Thanks-you, thank-you. You are all very helpful. As noted in my reply to
the others who replied, Today I will check out the water bottle mount on the
rear of the seat frame and your bag suggestions. I also noticed a backpack
at Costco that might work. They are only $20, well built, and loaded with
practical room, etc. I will see if this backpack can be adapted to the RANS
Tailwind seatback.

Is the Gliss a RANS product?

Denny G.

news

Old November 7th 04, 05:13 PM
Tom Sherman

Denny G. wrote:

Bob,

Thanks-you, thank-you. You are all very helpful. As noted in my reply to
the others who replied, Today I will check out the water bottle mount on the
rear of the seat frame and your bag suggestions. I also noticed a backpack
at Costco that might work. They are only $20, well built, and loaded with
practical room, etc. I will see if this backpack can be adapted to the RANS
Tailwind seatback.

Is the Gliss a RANS product?

The Gliss is out of production, but was basically a Tailwind with rear
suspension. See http://www.liegeradinfo.de/ran_glis.jpg.

--
Tom Sherman - Greater QCA

Old November 8th 04, 03:55 PM
doug thomas

"Denny G." wrote in message
Just purchased a Rans Tailwind recumbent. I need a seat bag, and I am
wondering if anyone in this group has after-market bag and mounting
suggestions for this bike. I went to three bike shops and I could not
find
anything to fit the seat back directly without major modifications. Also,
it is not obvious where a water bottle cage would fit onto the bike frame.
(I suppose I could put a bottle into the bag when I get one.) Suggestions
appreciated.

---

I use a RANS Commuter Seat Back Bag - and would recommend it - but you use
the ability to put a waterbag in the new seat back that I bought after
recovering my bike from a theft.

Doug Thomas