A FIRST! : A mountain biker who can learn from his mistakes

Old September 21st 13, 09:29 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default A FIRST! : A mountain biker who can learn from his mistakes

On Saturday, September 21, 2013 11:34:43 AM UTC-7, I love Mike wrote:
Your mental health issues are obvious. You promote and celebrate other people's pain and suffering from accidents including young children. Interestingly when confronted with your warped and offensive views you claim you only are publishing the facts. This is hogwash for three reasons:

1. The accident has already been published.

Not where mountain bikers will see it.

2. By using words like whoops or evolution in action in relation to a persons death you are showing no sensitivity.

Not as much insensitivity as someone who actually PROMOTES MOUNTAIN BIKING! What a hypocrite you are!

3. This group only has limited distribution. It is not the New York Times or PBS.

Of course; it's for people interested in mountain biking and its impacts.

As I and others have said up to you before go get mental help.

For WHAT? All you have proven is that you yourself (like all mountain bikers) are crazy!
Old September 22nd 13, 12:43 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike

Laughable response. Did they teach you at university that using capitals doesn't make your argument any stronger? Maybe your shrink could remind you of that if or when you finally seek mental help for your problems.
Old September 22nd 13, 04:50 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Saturday, September 21, 2013 4:43:35 PM UTC-7, I love Mike wrote:
Laughable response. Did they teach you at university that using capitals doesn't make your argument any stronger?

It's just for stress. Why does it irk you so much?

Maybe your shrink could remind you of that if or when you finally seek mental help for your problems.

I don't have any problems. Look up "projection" in a dictionary of psychology.
Old September 22nd 13, 04:56 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike

On Sunday, September 22, 2013 3:50:14 PM UTC+12, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Saturday, September 21, 2013 4:43:35 PM UTC-7, I love Mike wrote:

Laughable response. Did they teach you at university that using capitals doesn't make your argument any stronger?

It's just for stress. Why does it irk you so much?

Maybe your shrink could remind you of that if or when you finally seek mental help for your problems.

I don't have any problems. Look up "projection" in a dictionary of psychology.

No thanks. I don't follow the recommendations of criminals or academic frauds.
Old September 22nd 13, 05:19 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Yes, you do! Mountain bikers are mostly criminals, and those that purport to do "research" are all frauds. I proved that in http://mjvande.nfshost.com/scb7.htm.
Old September 22nd 13, 07:30 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike

Still promoting your laughable research old chum? Hilarious. You have no credentials or qualifications in environmental science. Your views on mountain biking are irrelevant. You are a psychologist not a natural scientist nor do you have the capability to produce any credible science owing to your irrationality and biases.
Old September 23rd 13, 12:42 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Sunday, September 22, 2013 11:30:01 AM UTC-7, I love Mike wrote:
Still promoting your laughable research old chum? Hilarious. You have no credentials or qualifications in environmental science. Your views on mountain biking are irrelevant. You are a psychologist not a natural scientist nor do you have the capability to produce any credible science owing to your irrationality and biases.

REAL scientists (unlike you) disagree:

Vandeman, Michael J. ), 1998. Wildlife Need Habitat Off-Limits to Humans! in Personal, Societal, and Ecological Values of Wilderness: Sixth World Wilderness Congress: Proceedings on Research, Management, and Allocation: A. E. Watson, G. H. Aplet, J. C. Hendee, eds. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station; also available at http://mjvande.nfshost.com/india3.htm.

Vandeman, Michael J. ), "The Myth of the Sustainable Lifestyle". Presented at the Society for Conservation Biology meeting, University of Hawaii, Hilo, Hawaii, July 30, 2001, http://mjvande.nfshost.com/sustain.htm.

Vandeman, Michael J. ), 2008. The Impacts of Mountain Biking on Amphibians and Reptiles. In Urban Herpetology. J. C. Mitchell, R. E. Jung Brown, and B. Bartholomew, editors. Society for the Study of Amphibians and Reptiles, Herpetological Conservation 3:155-156; expanded version also available at http://mjvande.nfshost.com/herp.htm.

etc.
Old September 23rd 13, 02:39 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike

On Monday, September 23, 2013 11:42:49 AM UTC+12, Mike Vandeman wrote:
[...]

I am sorry that's not good enough. Two of those "publications" are conference papers an have not been published. Finally that last one is very old and doesn't contain any meaningful data on impacts. It is an opinion piece is a very obscure publication. If you want to make a difference get an education, do some field work and get it published in a real journal.

Old September 23rd 13, 05:20 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Sunday, September 22, 2013 6:39:51 PM UTC-7, I love Mike wrote:
[...]

You, on the other hand, aren't qualified to judge. EVERY publication is "obscure", to your uneducated mind. Nor are you anywhere to be seen at any of the conferences or publications.
Old September 23rd 13, 06:14 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike

On Monday, September 23, 2013 4:20:26 PM UTC+12, Mike Vandeman wrote:
[...]

Mikey: I don't turn to those conferences where you are presenting for the simple reason I don't value your opinion. You are not a scientist. You are a psychologist who has had major problems with the law. Perhaps more importantly the real big name journals for conservation are conservation biology, biological conservation and nature. You have no articles or research notes published in any of these publications....