Swapping cassettes?

Old April 25th 04, 10:24 PM
Allen and Sharon Nichols

Default Swapping cassettes?

Hi,

How hard is it to remove a cassette from a hub? I have an older
Raleigh with LX hubs and a new Mongoose full suspension. I want to put
the new cassette that's on the Mongoose on the rim with the LX hubs.
They're both 8 speed cassettes.

Thanks,
Al

Old April 25th 04, 10:53 PM
Per Elmsäter

Allen and Sharon Nichols wrote:
Hi,

How hard is it to remove a cassette from a hub? I have an older
Raleigh with LX hubs and a new Mongoose full suspension. I want to put
the new cassette that's on the Mongoose on the rim with the LX hubs.
They're both 8 speed cassettes.

Thanks,
Al

It's easy but you'll need a chainwhip and a something else tool that I don't
know the name of.
If you search arpound on Sheldons site here you'll find all the answers to
this question and any future queastions you may have
www.sheldonbrown.com
--
Perre

Old April 26th 04, 11:56 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
"Per Elmsäter" wrote:

Allen and Sharon Nichols wrote:
Hi,

How hard is it to remove a cassette from a hub? I have an older
Raleigh with LX hubs and a new Mongoose full suspension. I want to put
the new cassette that's on the Mongoose on the rim with the LX hubs.
They're both 8 speed cassettes.

Thanks,
Al

It's easy but you'll need a chainwhip and a something else tool that I don't
know the name of.

A cassette key which locks into the cassette hub (specific models for
specific brands/types of hubs). You'd need a wrench to use it.