No discussion of RadioShack/Leopard-Trek merger rumor?

Old September 7th 11, 01:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Victor Kan

Default No discussion of RadioShack/Leopard-Trek merger rumor?

I'm suspicious of Quick Step. Their focus is not what he does well.
And I don't see where beefing up their lineup for 'training race'
stage races is an asset for them.

Maybe they want Levi for his World Tour points.

Quickstep currently is near the bottom of the rankings, and although
Omega-Pharma-Lotto is near the top, most of their points leave with
Gilbert.

Remember all the machinations people talked about with Thor Hushovd
and his tour points when Garmin left him off the Vuelta squad?

Levi currently has more points than Thor does.
Old September 7th 11, 03:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Randall

On Sep 6, 5:19*pm, Victor Kan wrote:
I'm suspicious of Quick Step. Their focus is not what he does well.
And I don't see where beefing up their lineup for 'training race'
stage races is an asset for them.

They want Levi for the smaller tours & as a contender in the TDF.

Old September 8th 11, 04:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jimmy July[_3_]

On 9/6/2011 7:29 PM, Randall wrote:

They want Levi for the smaller tours& as a contender in the TDF.

Contender for what? I don't see him as the Lanterne Rouge type.
Old September 8th 11, 05:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Sep 6, 8:29*pm, Randall wrote:
On Sep 6, 5:19*pm, Victor Kan wrote:

I'm suspicious of Quick Step. Their focus is not what he does well.
And I don't see where beefing up their lineup for 'training race'
stage races is an asset for them.

They want Levi for the smaller tours & as a contender in the TDF.

Levi has capabilities. Tour of Utah. Tour of California. USA
Procycling Challenge. Tour de Suisse.

TdF contender? No, sorry. He's done with that, whether they or he
knows it or not .

DR

White space on the Leopard Trek jerseys Frederick the Great Racing 1 July 23rd 11 07:46 AM
Radioshack atriage[_6_] Racing 7 July 15th 11 02:53 PM
radioshack atriage[_5_] Racing 19 July 10th 11 03:34 PM
Radioshack renews Team Radioshack contract for 2 more years Randall Racing 2 July 2nd 11 06:02 AM
Leopard bicycles Didier A. Depireux Racing 1 June 17th 05 06:47 PM