Something strange in my town. Novella

Old April 7th 05, 10:50 PM
jj

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 16:12:53 -0400, "Roger Zoul"
wrote:

Pat wrote:
:::: Well I never!!!! I guess I have just been diagnosed. "I have small
:::: town syndrome". Half the time I am being sarcastic, and the post
:::: is taken so seriously it amazes me.
:::: Maggie...the sheltered.
::
::: I think you just like to write and you make sh*t like this up just
::: to do it.
::
:: What puzzles me is why she writes stuff that she then comes back and
:: declares she didn't mean it, was being sarcastic, and why didn't the
:: rest of us KNOW THAT?

snip
bored

With comedic stylings akin to a cross between Ernestine the switchboard
operator(Laugh-in) and Florence Jean 'Flo' Castleberry ("Alice"), I'm
picturing:

A team of M.I.T. programmers between projects?

The Positronic Brain of the Imperious Leader?
_Imperious Leader_: There can be no survivors. So long as one sane r.b.m
member remains alive, the Alliance is threatened.

Jonathan Winters giving us sport?

shrug

jj

Old April 7th 05, 11:06 PM
jj

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 15:41:30 -0500, "Jim Boyer"
wrote:

I for one do not want to see the fattest, slowest, and 81 year oldest
riders in Lycra. That would probably lead to some very disturbing
nightmares. That reminds me of getting stuck behind the 400 pound woman
is short shorts at a Wal-mart in the summer which sure curbed my desire
to shop much more.
Sorry, had to mention that, but some people just should not wear shorts.
Bill Baka

As we mature we tend to be less focused on looks. Being judgemental and
critical of people's looks is rather cruel, especially when they are wearing
and using equipment appropriate and they find comfortable to the activity in
which they are involved.

As I've learned from Maggie....
Love and Stuff and All Good Things, (thanks Mags)
jb

What if the judgemental person found out the "fattest, slowest, and 81 year
oldest rider" was Doris Kopsky and she smoked them?

jj

Old April 13th 05, 10:04 PM
Dane Jackson

Neil Brooks wrote:
"wafflycat" wafflesATv21netDOTcoDOTuk wrote:

Husband & son shave their legs.

Reason 1: when racing, post race a massage is great for getting the excess
lactic acid out of the muscles. Massage oil is much easier to apply to a
hair-free leg. I know, I'm "team masseuse" ;-)

Reason 2: If you come off, and skin abrades against tarmac, it's much easier
to clean the wound of grit & dirt if the leg is hair-free. It also heals
easier with less chance of going septic through hair trapping dirt in the
wound.

OTOH: http://www.sheldonbrown.com/brandt/shaving.html

I'll have to say that Reason #2 is sorta true. Not in the infection sense,
because I doubt being shaved helps. But when it was healing from
the last time I lost a bit of skin, I *really* wished I had had my legs
shaved when I had the spill. My hairs being pulled out when scabs came off
and whenever I changed bandages was very irritating. Especially since the
area was raw from the injury.

And Reason #1 is true also IMHO from the receiving end.

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
"Roses are red, violets are blue,