actionbent

Old April 3rd 06, 02:43 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default actionbent

Is it a good bent?

http://www.actionbent.com/ASSEMBLY_MANUAL/ABFocus.htm

Is it save to buy from them? how long they take to delivery?

Old April 4th 06, 03:11 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

I just ordered one off ebay. It comes from actionbent. Ordered on Friday and
I am expecting delivery on Wednesday. Not too bad If it comes. I live in NC
so thats not too bad going all the way acrros country.

Old April 4th 06, 07:18 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

I have a friend who has one of their trikes, and swears by it. I think it's
amazing for the price.
Chas

Old April 4th 06, 04:02 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Chas12 wrote:
I have a friend who has one of their trikes, and swears by it. I think it's
amazing for the price.
Chas

Yes, the price is a good incentive. If you want to try a recumbent why
not start out with as little expense as possible.
Old April 4th 06, 05:19 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Duram wrote:
Is it a good bent?

http://www.actionbent.com/ASSEMBLY_MANUAL/ABFocus.htm

Is it save to buy from them? how long they take to delivery?

(I'm basing my opinion on what I'd read on Recumbent Cyclist News and
different internet posts.)

They have a very satisfied user's group on Yahoo! groups. They have a
good reputation for what they do, which is provide the kind of 'bents
that would be the equivalent of a bike you find in Toys R Us (and
that's not a put-down at all) -- probably a bit better. Customer
Service is said to be okay, though one must keep in mind that this is a
one-man company. Basically, if you don't need hand-holding and you
don't want to spend a lot of money, an ActionBent will easily get you
from Point A to Point B.

Old April 6th 06, 06:21 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

NYC XYZ wrote:
Duram wrote:

Is it a good bent?

http://www.actionbent.com/ASSEMBLY_MANUAL/ABFocus.htm

Is it save to buy from them? how long they take to delivery?

(I'm basing my opinion on what I'd read on Recumbent Cyclist News and
different internet posts.)

They have a very satisfied user's group on Yahoo! groups. They have a
good reputation for what they do, which is provide the kind of 'bents
that would be the equivalent of a bike you find in Toys R Us (and
that's not a put-down at all) -- probably a bit better. Customer
Service is said to be okay, though one must keep in mind that this is a
one-man company. Basically, if you don't need hand-holding and you
don't want to spend a lot of money, an ActionBent will easily get you
from Point A to Point B.

I just received my bike today. Ordered it on Friday and would have been
here on Wednesday if UPS had not routed it to the wrong place. Opening
the box and getting first looks I was impressed. The crank was an FSA
crank with a 30-39-53 set up. The auction said 30-42-52, but I was very
happy with the change. The paint looks good. I got the Sunburst Orange.
I can't wait to put it together.
Old April 7th 06, 04:21 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Mick wrote:

I just received my bike today. Ordered it on Friday and would have been
here on Wednesday if UPS had not routed it to the wrong place. Opening
the box and getting first looks I was impressed. The crank was an FSA
crank with a 30-39-53 set up. The auction said 30-42-52, but I was very
happy with the change. The paint looks good. I got the Sunburst Orange.
I can't wait to put it together.

Oh, goody! Please post a review when you get back from the honeymoon!

This is definitely a brand I'd keep my eye out for, to see what else
they do in the years to come...as it is, I can almost see just getting
one for little trips about town! Basically, an everyday workhorse
'bent that I won't worry too much about where rain is concerned, or
scratched paint, etc. -- something I can, um, "abuse," so to speak...an
old stand-by: reliable, tough, but inexpensive.

Old April 8th 06, 05:35 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

I have the Action Bent trike, and I find it a great trike. The quality
of the parts on mine are at the top of the list. Dura_ace, XT, 105,
DA16. But sometimes the equipment does not match what you ordered. If
that is the case just contact ActionBent and you should be taken care
of. The only thing I saw changed occasionally was the shifters. They
went from Dura_ace to Dia-Comp. All and all it is a great deal for the
money. But PLEASE remember you are buying from the distributor not the
local bike shop, so don't expect hand holding.