North Shore Muni Trip (photos)

Old August 30th 07, 05:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
eyal

Default North Shore Muni Trip (photos)

Last weekend, Josh (Witchcraft) Schoolcraft, Morgan Cable, and myself
battled our way through The US Passport Agency, Mideastern hurricanes,
and United Airlines to ride the notorious North Shore trails with our
favorite Vancouver municyclists. Thanks to our hosts for a truly
awesome weekend, minus the torn and twisted joints.

Here are some photos. Unfortunately, since I'd rather ride than shoot,
I only got photos of a few riders. Also, I didn't capture any of the
really big nasty stuff because all of it was in dark shadow. Anyone
else who has photos of the trip, post em here!

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/att...=11884465 61]
Just Joshin'

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/att...=11884465 61]
Morgan riding the roller coaster of love

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/att...=11884465 61]
KH with amoebae

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/att...=11884465 61]
Josh bored

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/att...=11884465 61]
Morgan gearing for take-off

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/att...=11884465 61]
Josh's fall from the heavens

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/att...=11884465 61]
Boy with stump

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/att...=11884465 61]
Josh climbing back up Jacob's ladder

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/att...=11884465 61]
Small hop for Kris... Giant leap for unicycle-kind

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/att...=11884465 61]
Impossible skinny / Kris's last smile for a while...

|Filename: KH5.jpg |

eyal
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 30th 07, 05:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
seriousslacker

Congratulations on your trip to the Great White North - that looks like
amazing fun, minus the injuries. Here is to a speedy recovery for Kris!

--
seriousslacker
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 30th 07, 06:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nathan

Nice photos Eyal. Man I wish I'd been up there. I haven't ridden North
Shore in way too long. Would love to see more photos if anyone else got
any.

---Nathan

--
nathan
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 30th 07, 06:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jkohse

i wish i took some that day, great pictures eyal. Hope to see you again
soon

-justin

--
Jkohse

http://www.usenet.com
Old August 30th 07, 06:31 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

The North Shore trails and similar forest cover trails are quite dark as
a camera sees things. Makes good photography and video difficult. All
the more amazing how they are able to get such good photos and video
for the North Shore calendars and video series.

North Shore and the other Canadian area trails are only a handful of
hours drive North for me. Yet I still don't get up there to go riding
much at all. I need to change that.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Never Wash Your Muni
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/2blym3)
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 30th 07, 07:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
entropy

Thanks for the pictures, Eyal! You were the only one with any sort of
presence of mind from our group to even try. I think James may have
some more, though I don't really remember who had the cameras out. I
was having so much fun with the riding!

Really big thanks to Kris and the rest of the VanUni crew for the
hosting and rides. Met some great people! This will be an annual
pilgramage for me. Totally worth every minute of airport hassle, and
then some. Perfect trail conditions, too - sticky and dry with no
heat.

Kris' injury was a real downer. I've seen many serious falls in the
past year (too many), and this topped them all. Very scary to watch
anyone perform an uncontrolled coast down a vertical incline, and I
dare say no one else could have walked away from that massive of a
pileup.

We're all pulling for a rapid recovery for Kris!

--
entropy

Shut up and ride.
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 31st 07, 12:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycle6869

Awesome guys! Wish I could have joined ya'll. Those trails are so sweet,
I should try and make it up there at least once a year...

Didn't hear about Kris's accident so I'll have to look on the forums
and see what I find. I hope it's not too serious and that he has a
speedy recovery.

--
unicycle6869

Jamey (formaly tuna6869)

Which is worse, a president who screws an intern, or a president who
screws the country?

"Not all who wander are lost." -J. R. R. Tolkien
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 31st 07, 06:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unidennis

I'm glad you took some pictures Eyal. It can be difficult taking pics
and ride as well. The obstacles look so tempting. I like the last pic
of Kris on the skinny. I hope to make it up there for a muni ride
sometime. Glad to hear the weather was nice and I really hope Kris
recovers soon.

--
unidennis

R.I.P Johnny Hart
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 31st 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

Nice pics.

Any video?

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.
Parafrasing a pro skater when asked for advise to kids who wanted to
get much better and maybee turn pro one day.
http://www.usenet.com