Tour de France, stage 3 summary

Old July 6th 09, 07:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

Default Tour de France, stage 3 summary

Stage 3 : Monday, July 6 2009, Marseille - La Grande-Motte, 196.5 km

1 Mark Cavendish (GBr) Team Columbia - HTC 5.01.24
2 Thor Hushovd (Nor) Cervelo Test Team
3 Cyril Lemoine (Fra) Skil-Shimano
4 Samuel Dumoulin (Fra) Cofidis, Le Credit en Ligne
5 Jerome Pineau (Fra) Quick Step
6 Fabian Cancellara (Swi) Team Saxo Bank
7 Fabian Wegmann (Ger) Team Milram
8 Fumiyuki Beppu (Jpn) Skil-Shimano
9 Maxime Bouet (Fra) Agritubel
10 Linus Gerdemann (Ger) Team Milram

Changes in stage 3 compared to stage 2 :

Biggest gainers by position :
+83 Cyril Lemoine
+80 Thor Hushovd
+78 Yaroslav Popovych
+78 Fabian Wegmann
+76 Mark Renshaw
+72 Ruben Perez Moreno
+72 Kim Kirchen
+69 Koen de Kort
+68 Thierry Huppond
+68 Stephane Auge

Biggest losers by position :
-133 Danny Pate
-80 Charles Wegelius
-74 Stef Clement
-72 David Moncoutie
-72 Jussi Veikkanen
-71 Christophe Riblon
-71 Nicolas Vogondy
-67 Martijn Maaskant
-56 Dmitriy Muravyev
-50 Inigo Cuesta Lopez De Castro
-47 Sebastien Minard

Biggest gainers by time :

Biggest losers by time :
-13:49 Alan Perez Lezaun
-13:49 Dmitriy Muravyev
-4:25 Charles Wegelius
-4:25 Daniele Righi
-4:25 Danny Pate
-4:25 Martijn Maaskant
-3:48 Albert Timmer
-3:25 Staf Scheirlinckx
-1:40 Peter Wrolich
-1:20 Amael Moinard
-1:20 Bingen Fernandez Bustinza

Favourites by position :
+72 Kim Kirchen
+7 Lance Armstrong
-2 Franco Pellizotti
-2 Alberto Contador Velasco
-3 Robert Gesink
-3 Jens Voigt
-3 Frank Schleck
-3 Denis Menchov
-3 Cadel Evans
-4 Levi Leipheimer
-5 Vladimir Karpets
-5 Roman Kreuziger
-6 Andy Schleck
-37 Marzio Bruseghin

Favourites by time :
-0:41 Vladimir Karpets
-0:41 Roman Kreuziger
-0:41 Robert Gesink
-0:41 Levi Leipheimer
-0:41 Jens Voigt
-0:41 Frank Schleck
-0:41 Franco Pellizotti
-0:41 Denis Menchov
-0:41 Cadel Evans
-0:41 Andy Schleck
-0:41 Alberto Contador Velasco
-1:01 Marzio Bruseghin

Top 3 and favourites standings :
1 Fabian Cancellara 9.50.58
2 Tony Martin 0.33
3 Lance Armstrong 0.40
4 Alberto Contador Velasco 0.59
8 Cadel Evans 1.04
10 Levi Leipheimer 1.11
12 Roman Kreuziger 1.13
24 Andy Schleck 1.41
27 Vladimir Karpets 1.48
34 Robert Gesink 1.56
37 Kim Kirchen 1.57
41 Jens Voigt 2.03
56 Denis Menchov 2.12
63 Franco Pellizotti 2.14
70 Frank Schleck 2.17
72 Marzio Bruseghin 2.18

Retirements to date : Stage
Jurgen Van De Walle (Bel) Quick Step 3
Total retirements : 1

Old July 6th 09, 08:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Rick[_10_]

WTF? last years winner???
Old July 6th 09, 09:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
drmofe

Did Hayden Roulston make the split? Cyclingnews has him as credited
at 0:11, just after Michael Rogers, but ahead of the bunch at 0:40,
which indicates that he did. But local news reports say he headed the
bunch home at 0:40. Any detail?
Old July 6th 09, 09:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

drmofe wrote:

Did Hayden Roulston make the split? Cyclingnews has him as credited at
0:11, just after Michael Rogers, but ahead of the bunch at 0:40, which
indicates that he did. But local news reports say he headed the bunch
home at 0:40. Any detail?

His name was in the list they gave just after the split happened.

Old July 6th 09, 11:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 13:13:31 -0700 (PDT), drmofe
wrote:

Did Hayden Roulston make the split? Cyclingnews has him as credited
at 0:11, just after Michael Rogers, but ahead of the bunch at 0:40,
which indicates that he did. But local news reports say he headed the
bunch home at 0:40. Any detail?

Some French dumbass named Roman Feileu won the sprint for 28th. What
panache.
Old July 7th 09, 09:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT wrote:
Some French dumbass named Roman Feileu won the sprint for 28th. What
panache.

I remember wondering what fred is in French when I saw that.

Old July 7th 09, 11:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT

On Tue, 07 Jul 2009 10:25:00 +0200, Donald Munro
wrote:

Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT wrote:
Some French dumbass named Roman Feileu won the sprint for 28th. What
panache.

I remember wondering what fred is in French when I saw that.

I was hoping he'd raise an arm as a low-key victory salute.
Old July 7th 09, 11:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT a écrit profondement:

| On Tue, 07 Jul 2009 10:25:00 +0200, Donald Munro
| wrote:
|
| Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT wrote:
| Some French dumbass named Roman Feileu won the sprint for 28th. What
| panache.
|
| I remember wondering what fred is in French when I saw that.
|

| I was hoping he'd raise an arm as a low-key victory salute.

Look, Guys.

He's sitting 8th in the Overall Points Classification

He most probably didn't know how many riders were up the road.

Supposing he'd got 20th spot he would have had 6 points which would have
boosted him to 5th place

At least the lad's trying which is more than about 170 of the Prima
Donnas are doing.

Yeah, Screw the Prima Donnas. Bring back some real bike racers like Gino,
Fausto, Fiorenzo, Marco, Greg, Larry, Eric, Gert-Jan, Sean, Spotted
Dick, Rik, Constant, LeatherHead, René, Raymond, le Blaireau, Charly etc.

--
Davey Crockett

--
Davey Crockett
-
Old July 7th 09, 11:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT

On Tue, 07 Jul 2009 12:23:04 +0200, Davey Crockett
wrote:

Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT a écrit profondement:

| On Tue, 07 Jul 2009 10:25:00 +0200, Donald Munro
| wrote:
|
| Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT wrote:
| Some French dumbass named Roman Feileu won the sprint for 28th. What
| panache.
|
| I remember wondering what fred is in French when I saw that.
|

| I was hoping he'd raise an arm as a low-key victory salute.

Look, Guys.

He's sitting 8th in the Overall Points Classification

He most probably didn't know how many riders were up the road.

Supposing he'd got 20th spot he would have had 6 points which would have
boosted him to 5th place

That's vaguely reasonable, but at least pretend you're just leading it
over the line.
Old July 7th 09, 11:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
KG[_2_]

On Jul 7, 3:23*am, Davey Crockett wrote:
Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT a écrit profondement:

| On Tue, 07 Jul 2009 10:25:00 +0200, Donald Munro| wrote:

| Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT wrote:
| Some French dumbass named Roman Feileu won the sprint for 28th. *What
| panache.
|
| I remember wondering what fred is in French when I saw that.
|

| I was hoping he'd raise an arm as a low-key victory salute.

Look, Guys.

He's sitting 8th in the Overall Points Classification

He most probably didn't know how many riders were up the road.

snip

Dumbass -

It's not like he didn't have 30k to ask his DS.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.