MP3 Players

Old April 13th 05, 03:18 AM

Dave wrote:
Hey guys,

I was curious as to your thoughts of what mp3 players are rugged

enough
for biking off road and such... what does everyone else have and

use,
and does it work well for you? And what ones can really take a

beating
without breaking?

PS- Im trying to get an iPod just for this reason.
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=16796740

Thanks,
-Dave

Old April 13th 05, 03:20 AM

Dave wrote:
Hey guys,

I was curious as to your thoughts of what mp3 players are rugged

enough
for biking off road and such... what does everyone else have and

use,
and does it work well for you? And what ones can really take a

beating
without breaking?

PS- Im trying to get an iPod just for this reason.
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=16796740

Thanks,
-Dave

Hi, I have an sony mp3 player and have used it for 2years of biking and
it has held up great. no problem as of yet and i have also dropped it
several times. so go for the sony (i have the blue one and got it at a
sony outlet ) mary

Old April 14th 05, 03:24 AM
Claire Petersky

"garmonboezia" wrote in message

In that enviroment, inattention means injury or death. Among
messenger populations both events occur much less than commonly
supposed. The eight-balls get weeded out and what's left are the
steady riders who understand the rhythm and flow of the street.

This I can not doubt. I am no messenger, but I ride everyday in downtown
Seattle to work, up 3rd and down 2nd. I realize now of several years of
doing this is how much I understand the rhythm of these two streets. If I
ride on 1st or 4th (much less Alaska Way or something) it's like I'm on
Mars, and my ability to intuit what traffic is going to do is greatly
reduced. It makes sense that messengers, from riding downtown streets full
time, have a grasp of the rhythm of all the streets the way I know the few
blocks I ride every day to my office.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky

See the books I've set free at:

Drugs are Cool. crit PRO Racing 23 March 22nd 05 02:50 AM
Can you recommend MP3 players ? [email protected] Rides 1 January 16th 05 10:27 PM
Interesting helmet parallel, US soccer Call me Bob UK 27 December 1st 04 12:35 AM
MP3 Players and Cycling Wind Noise B. Lafferty Techniques 40 January 12th 04 02:00 PM