Rearview Mirror Options?

Old April 12th 05, 03:51 AM
Steven M. Scharf

"GaryG" wrote in message

I tried it for a couple of weeks, but could never resolve problems with
positioning and field of view. I seemed to also have focusing issues, but
it's been a couple of years so perhaps I was wrong on that point.

I remember trying one of the glasses mount mirrors many years ago, and could
never really get it to work to provide a good field of view. It was also
very hard to adjust to provide even a poor field of view.

Old April 12th 05, 10:07 AM
Dave Larrington

Elisa Francesca Roselli wrote:
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm keen to try a Take-a-Look mirror,
but can it be bought in London or Cambridge UK or do I have no choice
but to order it from the USA?

Someone is advertising them mail order in the UK in the back pages of the
CTC rag, but I don't have the details to hand.

Beware of the opion.

Old April 14th 05, 03:09 AM
Claire Petersky

"Elisa Francesca Roselli" wrote in message
I have very poor balance and am a late learner with respect to cycling.

[snip]

Although I know that few normal people, and no-one on this list, is
likely to have the same motor problems as myself, I welcome your
experiences.

This is perhaps too much of a tangent from your original request, but what
the heck. In addition to bicycling on a single, have you considered riding a
tandem? I'm just thinking this because my younger daughter has sensory
integration disorder wrt balance, and so balancing on a bike is a challenge.
But she's just fine on a tandem -- I do all the balancing for her, and she
just hangs on and pedals.

You probably won't be using a tandem to commute to work, most likely, but it
might be fun for you to try out on recreational rides. There's lots of
people, both male and female (at least in our bike club), who have tandems
and are looking for stokers. I remember you saying you were shy, but maybe
riding tandem with someone might be a way to meet people? You don't have to
fret about things like eye contact on a tandem!

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky

See the books I've set free at: