Night Ride in Hamilton, North Shore stuff, Friday July 8

Old July 4th 05, 11:42 PM
Brian MacKenzie

Default Night Ride in Hamilton, North Shore stuff, Friday July 8

Hey everyone around the Hamilton area,

we are meeting for a night ride this friday at 8:30.

the exact meeting place is still to be determined, but we are riding at
'the place where there is north shore type stuff'

if anyone has an ideal meeting place for that before the non-forum
readers who know about it get back to me, please feel free to name a
place and give directions

We did something like this last year and it was a hoot!

anyone interested?

--
Brian MacKenzie - LAN Solo

'TRAINING WHEEL NOT REQUIRED DVD - NOW AVAILABLE!'
(HTTP://WWW.LBMMULTIMEDIA.COM)

'ps. just watched TWNR, the UW36 on the stairs broke my brain' - markf

'Unicycle Product Reviews'
(http://londonunicyclingclub.ca/unicycleReviews.aspx)
*122* reviews on *79* products, never make an uninformed purchase again!

Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

Old July 5th 05, 05:42 PM
Contender

Hi Brian;

I was hoping to attend but I am once again on the injured list so can't
make it.

Roman

--
Contender - Roman Allemann
Contender's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7825

Old July 8th 05, 01:38 AM
Brian MacKenzie

That's too bad Roman

We are going to ride at Waterdown

take Hwy 6N off of the 401

at the top of the hill, Hwy 5, turn left (away from Waterdown) and we
will meet up at the time hortons there.

there are 4 people for sure as it stands

Old July 8th 05, 02:51 AM
unidaddy

Brian,

You're killin' me. My family (wife & 3 girls {2 who ride}) are driving
to Waterdown and I have to stay here in Pittsburgh to work! If I had a
few more hours off, I'd drive up there just for the ride. My
father-in-law lives a full one minute unicycle ride away from the very
Tim Horton's that you are meeting at! Are you going down Mill Street to
the Bruce Trail? Man I wish I could come......another time for sure.
Have a great time!!!

Unidaddy (Bob)

--
unidaddy - head over wheel
unidaddy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7879

Old July 8th 05, 02:59 AM
Brian MacKenzie

unidaddy wrote:
*Brian,

You're killin' me. My family (wife & 3 girls {2 who ride}) are
driving to Waterdown and I have to stay here in Pittsburgh to work!
If I had a few more hours off, I'd drive up there just for the ride.
My father-in-law lives a full one minute unicycle ride away from the
very Tim Horton's that you are meeting at! Are you going down Mill
Street to the Bruce Trail? Man I wish I could come......another time
for sure. Have a great time!!!

Unidaddy (Bob) *

Now that sucks!

We're heading back in mid-late Aug sometime as well, hopefully for a
much larger gathering

I'm not sure of the directions other than the ones I posted, I hvae been
to waterdown once. a few years ago. in the daylight. on a
mountainbike.

next time! (drop me a line should you ever be up in the area!)

Old July 12th 05, 12:46 AM
Brian MacKenzie

possibly the worst case of unicycle lack of maintenance?

I haven't checked my Profile cranks for so long, that when I went to get
back on my MUni after a bout of walking through some 'too annoying not
just toio walk through parts' and i looked down and I had no crank to
step onto....it had fallen off.

We were at the halfway point, we had ridden about 30-45 mins so far

I soon discovered how fun it was to run with a unicycle in the woods
knowing that there was no crank on your side of the wheel to hit your
legs with.

(it really was fun, I enjoyed it...steering the unicycle and still
trying for it to do jumps and lines as I was only holding it by the
seat as I ran through and over technical stuff and up and down hills
through the dark with my helmet light on, there were 100's of fireflys
out, they were quite distracting. There was even one firefly that Keiar
simply could not get off my camelback...the light from my cell phone)

These trails have now surpassed my beloved North Bay trails as my
favourite trails to ride on ever. These trails have everything I want,
and stuff that is still beyond my level (until I ride here more and
more)

I would love to have some sort of mass unicycle night ride gathering
there mid august sometime, would anyone be into that? the trails are
really open and have lots of areas where people could ride side by side,
but all taking very cool lines through the trees and some incredible
climbs and descents.

Lots of man made stuff, there is a teeter totter, and the pivot point is
on top of a cable spool. This is a very unique feeling to a teeter
totter, I suggest everyone try one out!

I love having really great trails near by. I should just look over my
unicycles more often.

Old July 12th 05, 02:08 AM
UNI GUY

Brian good to hear you stil enjoyed the ride/run . If my half planned
visit back home for mid august happens I'll be sure to try to plan
around your possible ride.

--
UNI GUY - UNICYCLING OBSESSED
UNI GUY's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4084