Old bike and a rider who hasn't ridden in a while

Old August 12th 03, 02:40 AM
Laura

Default Old bike and a rider who hasn't ridden in a while

I have a rusty Huffy mountain bike with dual suspension that I would
like to start riding again. The poor bike has spent more time sitting
around than being ridden. I know it needs a tune-up and probably a
major over-haul but I don't have the money for that kind of work. If
possible, I would like to fix it up myself and get it working again on
my own.

I know that the rear brake cable needs replacing and probably the rear
brake apparatus as well. The tires are still in good condition. The
gears are all rusty. The chain tends to slip when I shift the front
gears (where the pedals are). If there is a way to fix it, I'd love
to hear it.

What I'm looking for is for some advice and places to look for help.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old August 12th 03, 09:54 AM
Ron Hardin

Huffy sells parts (back how far I can't say) that come by UPS; I use
them for replacement of stuff that wears out. They'd want a model
number.

1-800-USA-BIKE
--
Ron Hardin

Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price General 0 June 1st 04 04:52 AM
Secure Bike Parking.? M. Barbee General 14 January 6th 04 02:00 AM
How old were you when you got your first really nice bike? Brink General 43 November 13th 03 10:49 AM
my new bike Marian Rosenberg General 5 October 19th 03 03:00 PM
First road bike: braking? Alan Hoyle General 47 September 28th 03 11:40 PM