Guatemala?

Old February 15th 08, 04:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
ZBicyclist

Default Guatemala?

ZBicyclist wrote:
Pat wrote:
Anyone been on a bike trip to Guatemala?

In case you aren't familiar with the "crazyguy" site, a search on
"Guatemala" shows up 12 journals and a few dozen pages; that might be
some help.
http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/searc...la&expand=auto

I realize that I can't remember if the civil war in Guatemala is
active at the moment or not. According to Wikipedia, the unrest
ended in 1996, but they also report Guatemala has one of the world's
highest murder rates. [Top 5 are El Salvador, Jamaica, Guatemala,
Honduras, and Venezuela. Gee, is there a pattern?]

I regret posting this information about murder rates.

I see now that the lowest rate reported is in Pakistan, which makes me
question the quality of the stats a bit.

--
Mike Kruger
Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

Old February 16th 08, 03:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Dennis P. Harris

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 04:16:58 GMT in rec.bicycles.rides,
"ZBicyclist" wrote:

I regret posting this information about murder rates.

I see now that the lowest rate reported is in Pakistan, which makes me
question the quality of the stats a bit.

It's not the number of murders, but the percentage of the
population that gets murdered. Given that Pakistan has a huge
population compared to Guatemala or Honduras, it's not surprising
that the murder rate is lower.

Guatemala? Pat[_5_] Rides 3 February 18th 08 11:35 PM
Guatemala goes for a record Bob Schwartz Racing 10 January 13th 05 04:06 PM