Mountain bikers are a scourge wherever they are found

Old April 17th 14, 06:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default Mountain bikers are a scourge wherever they are found

Blackblade supports mountain biking on hiking trails. He says all is peace and harmony on the trails. He refuses to read any reports to the contrary unless it is part of a data account. The reason he is such a fool is that he cannot defend his views via rational argument and so he resorts to subterfuges like all true scoundrels.

Here is another report from the field of how life is lived in reality on the trails of that Kingdom by the Sea, known as the UK. Blackblade is of and from England and he maintains all is peace and harmony on the trails. Yea, we can all share the trails even if it results in many deaths and serious injuries. So says Blackblade.

Trails are for walking, roads are for wheels. Duh!

From: Cllr Ann Sevier
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 20:05:00 +0100
Subject: The right load of cobbles issue

thats nice -- thanks - i have only had 7
complaiants - and when i have explain that we
don't hate all cyclists - they have calmed down.
We have to do the right thing for this special area.

This is what i have been basically replying ---------------------------------

oh dear - I think cycling is great - the New
Forest is great for family cycling - the New
Forest National Park has recieved money to
promote family cycling - this is what it is about.
BUT

just recently there was a horse rider killed when
thrown after being spooked by speeding cyclists -
many and i mean many people have been thrown including children.
AND we have had cyclists killed and seriously injured
also the livestock killed and maimed.

In my view any organization who encourages
cyclists to speed by recording their times -
down narrow single track roads - is in view
reprehensible and seems to 'smack' of avarice at £30+ a cyclist

We have 10+ million visitors to the New Forest
all seem to want to come at the same time!!! - so
everyone must behave responsibly - in this unique
place. Sending out thousands of cyclists - causes
problems and we are encouraging people to do the
right thing and complain via the right channels.
( I have yet to catch the idiot who put out the tacks where there is livestock)
In the last two weeks we have had cyclists trying
to do the route as fast as possible prior to this
weekend and they will be back afterwards to do the same again.

we have worked hard here on looking after the
Forest (known locally as the Forest First) - the
speed limit has been reduced fro 60mph down to
30mph in the lanes. The NPA has worked hard on
codes of conduct for all users of the Forest.

My information is it will go down the route of
licensing as other events are - this will ensure
it will be proportionate to all parties.

I will always speak up to get the best for the Forest.

I have put up two posters and answered questions
in the last few months - telling everyone to
write to the MP or complain to offical bodies.

I will be out monitoring this weekend for bad
behaviour by anybody!!!. We had serious problems
last year with defecation and urination on the
sides of the road with families and visitors
driving past - swearing at drivers and banging on
cars - lets just hope it is properly managed this
year. I get so many complaints.

ANN

Mountain bikers are barbarians and have no right to be on any trail used by hikers – unless they want to get off their god damn ****ing bikes and walk like everyone else. When they crash and injure themselves, I rejoice! If and when they manage to kill themselves, I say good riddance to bad rubbish! Death to mountain bikers!

“Tread softly! All the earth is holy ground.”
~ Christina Rossetti (Psalm 24),
from "A Later Life: A Double Sonnet of Sonnets"

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great