De Clerq a doper too?

Old October 10th 04, 02:24 AM
ronde chimp

Default De Clerq a doper too?

Het Nieuwsblad reporting that Somatropin found in a search of his
Mario De Clerq's house last year during a raid - part of the Museuw
sweep.

Some Equibolan anyone? Perhaps a snifter of EPO.

This is getting ridiculous. Our sport is filled with a cancer - I'm
almost of the mind that a mass amnesty is what is needed to get a
handle on this. Admit your doping, tell us how you got the drugs / who
helped administer them, etc. Otherwise we're going to die by death of
a thousand cuts.

Thanks,
Ronde Chimp
Old October 10th 04, 08:29 AM
Kyle Legate

ronde chimp wrote:
Het Nieuwsblad reporting that Somatropin found in a search of his
Mario De Clerq's house last year during a raid - part of the Museuw
sweep.

Give him a break, he's going to write a novel.

Old October 11th 04, 12:49 AM
TritonRider

Date: 10/9/2004 9:24 PM Eastern

This is getting ridiculous. Our sport is filled with a cancer - I'm
almost of the mind that a mass amnesty is what is needed to get a
handle on this. Admit your doping, tell us how you got the drugs / who
helped administer them, etc. Otherwise we're going to die by death of
a thousand cuts.

Thanks,
Ronde Chimp

You know what? I can't believe it but I agree with you. Declare an amnesty for
road and MTB after Lombardy until say february, and for 3 months for Cross
after Worlds. Start over after that with lot's more testing, and really hammer
any doctors, coaches and team officials involved.
Bill C
Old October 11th 04, 01:07 AM
B. Lafferty

Date: 10/9/2004 9:24 PM Eastern

This is getting ridiculous. Our sport is filled with a cancer - I'm
almost of the mind that a mass amnesty is what is needed to get a
handle on this. Admit your doping, tell us how you got the drugs / who
helped administer them, etc. Otherwise we're going to die by death of
a thousand cuts.

Thanks,
Ronde Chimp

You know what? I can't believe it but I agree with you. Declare an amnesty
for
road and MTB after Lombardy until say february, and for 3 months for Cross
after Worlds. Start over after that with lot's more testing, and really
hammer
any doctors, coaches and team officials involved.
Bill C

It's worth considering. But how do you prevent the same old **** once the
amnesty period is up. There will always be new guys trying to get one up on
the competition. I don't know of any reliable way to turn them in
Philosopher-Kings.

Old October 11th 04, 08:29 PM
gwhite

"B. Lafferty" wrote:

I don't know of any reliable way to turn them in
Philosopher-Kings.

That is somehow a desirable goal?
Old October 11th 04, 09:30 PM
B. Lafferty

"gwhite" wrote in message

"B. Lafferty" wrote:

I don't know of any reliable way to turn them in
Philosopher-Kings.

That is somehow a desirable goal?

Would you rather turn them into Republicans?

Old October 11th 04, 10:51 PM
gwhite

"B. Lafferty" wrote:

"gwhite" wrote in message

"B. Lafferty" wrote:

I don't know of any reliable way to turn them in
Philosopher-Kings.

That is somehow a desirable goal?

Would you rather turn them into Republicans?

Republicans just want to be kings -- screw the philosophy. Democrats see
themselves as intellectuals/philosophers and therefore fit to be kings. So if I
was forced to choose, I would say yes, I would rather turn them into republicans
because they are only 50% asshole, rather than 75% asshole like democrats. BTW,
some of my best friends are assholes, so please don't say I'm racist against
assholes.

Thanks, but I still don't know why you think "philospher-king" is something
desirable.

"No matter how thin you slice it, its still baloney." -- Judge Judy

"One of the most striking differences between a cat and a lie is that a cat only
has nine lives. -- Finley Peter Dunne(?)
Old October 11th 04, 11:07 PM
B. Lafferty

"gwhite" wrote in message

"B. Lafferty" wrote:

"gwhite" wrote in message

"B. Lafferty" wrote:

I don't know of any reliable way to turn them in
Philosopher-Kings.

That is somehow a desirable goal?

Would you rather turn them into Republicans?

Republicans just want to be kings -- screw the philosophy. Democrats see
themselves as intellectuals/philosophers and therefore fit to be kings.
So if I
was forced to choose, I would say yes, I would rather turn them into
republicans
because they are only 50% asshole, rather than 75% asshole like democrats.
BTW,
some of my best friends are assholes, so please don't say I'm racist
against
assholes.

Thanks, but I still don't know why you think "philospher-king" is
something
desirable.

The philosopher king of Plato's Republic was trained to lead a moral life.
In theory, a P-K would not run afoul of the doping problem as he/she would
have no need or desire to dope.