AG: Aunt Granny's Advice, or How to become an elderly cyclist:

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 18th 18, 04:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Still breathing, but no column

Chickened out and drove to the Winter Market today. Well, I drove to
the library and walked to The Pavilion in Central Park, which wasn't
far. Bluebird Bakery didn't show, so I didn't buy anything.

I was slightly tempted by the jugs of frozen cider.

Wished I'd brought my cane before I got back to the car.

The library parking lot surprised me by being full of cars. I hardly
ever get there in a car when it's open. I went in, looked up Bujold,
and checked out _Penrick's Mission_, which I read instead of Usenet
this evening. Now I'm wondering how to get it back when suiting up
takes longer than the ride. Weather Underground says the temperature
is going to be right off the chart next week, but the days the red
line runs off the top, there are a lot of tall blue bars below it.
(Blue bar chart of the probability of rain.)

I had been thinking of walking to Lowery's, but walking wasn't
pleasant, and I did need to drive to Owen's West for some fizzwater
too heavy to carry walking. I bought a small bag of clearance
potatoes while I was there.

Tried to drive from there to Lowery's on Winona, but I was on the
wrong side of the tracks and a train was using them. Thought I'd have
to wait at the stoplight blocking traffic until it passed, but there
was just enough room for me between the crosswalk and the last car on
the other side of Detroit, so the guy behind me had to wait at the
stoplight blocking traffic. Fortunately, nearly everybody wants to
turn left at that intersection.

All I wanted was a pen ($5.66, ouch!) and I knew exactly where it was,
but I took a complete tour of the store after buying it.

Then I drove home, ate lunch, and slept like a rock.

My sore throat is better, but now I'm blowing my nose. Viral, so far.
No other symptoms except feeling tired.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net