All Scientists Throw Out the Raw Data, Right?

Old December 8th 09, 03:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

Default Are there any shreds of credibility left for global warming?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1206162955.htm

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1207165252.htm

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1206183705.htm
Old December 8th 09, 07:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
D'ohBoy

Default Now their focusing on themselves!

Oh my.
Old December 8th 09, 11:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

In article ,
Jobst Brandt wrote:

Tim McNamara wrote:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1206162955.htm

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1207165252.htm

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1206183705.htm

A good and interesting collection of the global problem. What I miss
in these analyses is that humans in their increasing ability to
modify nature in which we live are the culprits rather than
individual technical methods employed by mankind.

In other words, distancing ourselves from our responsibilities. "It's
not us, it's our *technology.*"

That human population is greatly burdening the ecosystems upon which
its survival relies is not under discussion although we see it in
every aspect of our lives, be that agriculture, transportation,
housing (living space), or religious zealotry waging war on others.
All this is too close to home, for society as a whole, to consider.

Or, seemingly, for individuals. It is unpalatable to say "I am helping
to destroy the world for future generations with my greed and
arrogance," even though that is what almost all of us do almost every
day when we drive six blocks for a quart of milk.

Things can only get worse once this aspect of our problems moves into
the discussion. The denial of its existence will be the focus of
many social organizations, and not only in words but in death as is
evident in the actions of the bomber of Mumbai and the reasons for
his attacks:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6918787.stm

Jobst Brandt

Old December 10th 09, 11:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Dec 8, 5:55*pm, Jobst Brandt wrote:

A good and interesting collection of the global problem. *What I miss
in these analyses

[lies about glacier seasonal melts being signs of global warming]
is that humans in their increasing ability to modify
nature in which we live are the culprits rather than individual
technical methods employed by mankind.

That human population is greatly burdening the ecosystems upon which
its survival relies is not under discussion although we see it in
every aspect of our lives, be that agriculture, transportation,
housing (living space), or religious zealotry waging war on others.
All this is too close to home, for society as a whole, to consider.

Things can only get worse once this aspect of our problems moves into
the discussion. *The denial of its existence will be the focus of many
social organizations, and not only in words but in death as is evident
in the actions of the bomber of Mumbai and the reasons for his attacks:

*http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6918787.stm

Jobst Brandt

Are you becoming senile, Jobst? What has your reference about the
bomber of Mumbai getting a death sentence to do with global warming?
The motive for those bombings was to "avenge the killings of Muslims
in riots a few months earlier", nothing to do with global warming,
unless you want to claim that global warmies and mad bombers are
equally deranged, in which case even Sorni might admit you're not
senile yet. -- Andre Jute

Old December 12th 09, 06:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute[_2_]

Looks like Colesy is getting religion in his old age:

Peter Cole wrote:

Genesis 1:28

"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and
multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion
over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every
living thing that moveth upon the earth."

But I'm afraid, Colesy, that still isn't a license for you and the
rest of the DDT banners to kill 220 million poor people by starvation.

If you're a Catholic, better make sure you have a young priest with a
strong heart when you go to confession. A priest who doesn't have the
heart of an ox might fall down dead of shock when he hears of the
crimes you've committed out of overweening pride that you know better
what is good for everyone else than they do themselves.

Andre Jute
There used to be a better class of social engineering thug around...
Old December 12th 09, 08:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.audio.tubes
PeterD

Peter Cole wrote:

Genesis 1:28

"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and
multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion
over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every
living thing that moveth upon the earth."

And mythology has what to do with this?

Old December 12th 09, 09:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.audio.tubes
datakoll

TOURING west coast n-s with turns inland: ecological devastation is
impressive. Once there were trees and now ? Vast areas denewdead for
heat and cooking.
Had several ops to speak with fellow gawkers askinjg: "do you knwo
that once..."? shocked they are. "This was once a forest"?

Monterey Bay has a vry long term that is not since AL Gore study
showing Bay temps rise continuously over time.

Old December 12th 09, 10:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute[_2_]

Peter Cole wrote:

Genesis 1:28

"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and
multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion
over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every
living thing that moveth upon the earth."

And mythology has what to do with this?

Well, that was the question. First, Jobst gave us a lot of crap to get
that old testament prophet thing off his chest, then I asked what
connection the link he gave had with his rant, then Colesy, snipping
my question to Jobst to mean something else again, quoted the bible,
then I pointed out to Colesy that the passage he quoted isn't a
license for genocide either by banning DDT or by Global Warming-
inspired restrictions on the growth of the poor countries, now you
come and demand what the third cousin of a ******* branch of the
thread has to do with mythology. Which mythology, pal, global warming
or Christianity or that irrational wishy washy-wishful-world Colesy
lives in? Or even the mythical links in Brandt's mind that persuades
him he's a legend in his own lunchtime (he is, but it doesn't pay for
old men to dwell too much on past glories); in that respect Jobst is
more sane than Colesy, for sure.

Quite so, eh.

Andre Jute
A little precision isn't a bad thing on a tech conference

Old December 13th 09, 05:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.audio.tubes
Peter Cole[_2_]

Andre Jute wrote:

But I'm afraid, Colesy, that still isn't a license for you and the
rest of the DDT banners to kill 220 million poor people by starvation.

I didn't ban DDT, nor did anybody in America, not for mosquito control,
anyway.