trials rims

Old August 9th 05, 06:42 PM
Tigger

Default trials rims

What trials rim is better the Alex 19" w/ eyelets or K.H. new 19"
because the arrow 19" is not availible any more ( thats what I think I
wanted ) Right now I'm using the stock 20" rim on my Qu-ax and its
starting to role on me with about 15 to 18 psi. any help would be great.
How is the K.H. rim??? Does anyone know?

--
Tigger - Muni's have changed my life!

"If you risk nothing, then you risk everything."

From Velosophy
Tigger's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8877

Old August 9th 05, 06:55 PM
Murde Mental

from what Darren told me yesterday he personally prefers the alex rim
over the kh for trials. And even though I've busted the alex five times
he says that there shoudln't be a problem with it if your spokes are
tight and you've got enough air pressure.

besides, if you order the kh you'll have to order a new spoke-set maybe.

--
Murde Mental - Unicycling Martyr

I own Total_Uni's soul
and yes this means I also own your soul Evan_Byrne.
Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

Old August 10th 05, 02:15 AM
maxisbackintown

DX32

--
maxisbackintown - timmmyyy

yeah
maxisbackintown's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9909

Old August 10th 05, 02:15 AM
maxisbackintown

DX32

Old August 10th 05, 01:09 PM
TheObieOne3226

19'' arrow rim for sale, new... 55 + shipping...PM

--
TheObieOne3226 - Hello!

'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

\"obie is definately a trend setter, i got in to unicycling because of
him, and came here because of him\" - kj-52

\"try not to annoy the great obie, for he is better than us.\" - murde
mental

*disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if you
are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i don't
feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where not
everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.*

Old August 10th 05, 02:48 PM
Tellurider

Does that have 48 spokes if so I don't think you have a lot of options.
I just built a trials uni with a 48 spoke Torker DX and I got the rim
from Unicycle.com for $30 its not in the catalog but it is a Yuni and
someone said they think it might be the same as a Kris Holm. Here's a
pic.

| Attachment filename: trials wheel.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/347102|

Tellurider - Dan Wilson

There's a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness".
Tellurider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4972

Old August 10th 05, 10:23 PM
TonyMelton

Well actually its quite possible to lace a 48 hole hub to a 36 hole rim.
Just miss out every fourth hole on each hub flange.This allows any 36H
rim to be used.

--
TonyMelton - Cloud 9

The way to a man's heart is through his veins.
TonyMelton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2118

Old August 10th 05, 10:33 PM
caw89

I think you have to get diferent length spokes for that though Tony, I
looked into that a while back, and I got hte measurements for it and it
was sucha hassle I just got a qu-ax 48 spoke 19 in rim....

--
caw89 - Cody

'Cody's Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Codys-Gallery)

'sixsixone' (http://sixsixone.com/)

AIM: unicaw89
caw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8228

Old August 11th 05, 03:05 PM
Tellurider

Yea I heard that useing a 36 hole rim and a 48 spoke hub is tricky but
if you use a 32 hole rim then all the spokes are the same length and you
skip every third hole between the first cross. I was thinking about
doing this but I wasn't sure how to go about calculating the spoke
length.

Trials or Street TrialsUni Unicycling 0 July 30th 05 09:07 PM
Mavic Cosmos Noises / Old Rolf Sestiere Rims KD Techniques 9 August 6th 04 12:22 AM
Trials Crank Lengths MuniTune Unicycling 2 July 13th 04 04:32 PM
WTT-NOS 700c MA2 rims for NOS 700c Super Champion 58 rims Bob Taylor Marketplace 1 March 26th 04 03:44 PM