Bolero buses to Italy

Old November 12th 07, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Trevor A Panther[_2_]

Default Bolero buses to Italy

As many will know European Bike Express, under a new company, stopped doing
its run to Venice last year. When I spoke to Bolero (who actually did the Bike
Express run) in about March they said that they would still transport bikes to
Venice on their scheduled service but there would be no drop off points.

I have just made an attempt to book a trip with Bolero for 2008 to Venice but
received this reply

""

Hello

Thank you for emailing.

Unfortunately for 2008, we are not taking a trailer and we therefore cannot
transport cyclists.

I am sorry we cannot help you.

Kind Regards

Ian

Bolero International Holidays

52A High Street, Stokesley, TS9 5AX

Tel. 01642 714000 / Fax. 01642 712711

www.boleroholidays.co.uk "

So that's that! Going to do something else instead now -- after a big think

Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,
England, United Kingdom.
www.tapan.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Old November 12th 07, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kenneth Clements

"Trevor A Panther" wrote in message
.uk...
[...]

Just provisionally booked a seat out on the Mediterranean and a seat back on
the Atlantic. They said I got the last seat on one and they are not running
the Wednesday Atlantic departures. Hope they have trailers!

Ken

Old November 12th 07, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
vernon[_2_]

"Kenneth Clements" wrote in message

[...]

Bolero and European Bike Express are now two seperate companies.

The company behind EBE used to be the sub-contractor who provided the coach
and trailer to Bolero Holidays and EBE was sold this or last year to the
sub-contractor. I don't think that you'l have a problem with the trailer
Ken - it's central to the EBE operation!

FWIW - I've been led to believe that the lowest occupancies occur during
school holidays. Certainly this year there was plenty of space on the coach
in both directions when I used the service in August.

Buses Tony Raven[_2_] UK 39 October 16th 07 01:48 PM
OT Bendy Buses Phil Cook UK 54 February 23rd 07 03:06 PM
Stagecoach buses, UK mark williamson Unicycling 7 February 7th 07 02:59 PM
Bikes on Buses in ACT flyingdutch Australia 9 December 17th 05 02:59 AM
Ken & Bendy Buses elyob UK 39 January 29th 05 09:52 PM