Turbo-Unicycle picture

Old September 18th 03, 12:07 AM
John Hooten

Default Turbo-Unicycle picture

I scanned the picture of the picture of the Bombardier Turbo-Unicycle.
You can see it at:

http://www.unicycling.com/hooten/

Sorry about the post I made yesterday. I didn't realize there were
already two threads on the same topic. I couldn't get to my computer for
a couple days and hadn't checked the news group before making my post on
the turbo unicycle. Oh, well.

John Hooten

Old September 18th 03, 01:12 AM
John Hooten

Austin_hamer wrote:

THATS awesome, so is it operational?

No

is it somewhat safe?

Dunno

where do u put ur feet???

In boots, and, presumably, on the pegs.

Here is the text that accompanied the pictu

"Eye Poppin' Wheelie

"Street bike meets Segway in this turbo-unicycle.

"When the top eggheads at Bombardier (a Montreal-based company that
designs ATVs and jet skis) were asked to envision commuter
transportation 25 years from now, they rolled with it. The Embrio
Advanced Concept, a hydrogen-fuel-cell-powered, gyro-stabalizedvehicle,
makes your neighbor's Segway look like something out of the steam age.
At a stop, the Embrio relies on a wheelie "landing gear" to stay
upright. Above 12 miles per hour, the landing gear retracts, letting you
one-wheel along ay highway speeds. The unit was meant as inspiration for
industrial designers who dream of one-upping Dean Kamen's baby. For now
though, this Embrio is still in utero - no working model yet exists." -
Jenny Everett

John Hooten

--
Austin_hamer - Austin=cool